Pregnant but wanting to get fit

Options
Okay, I just found out that I am pregnant but I want to live a healthy and active lifestyle. How do I do that on here? I know I am going to have to change my calorie intake but not sure if Myfitnesspal will allow that.

Replies

• Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You can customize your goals by inputting how many calories to eat a day. Basically you want to eat 300 more calories starting in the second trimester. I am pregnant too.
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    I would eat maintenance for the 1st trimester, then change goal to gain 1/2 lb a week after that (that's what I did). I am set to gain 1/2lb a week and it seems to be about 300 calories extra :) And eat back ALL your exercise calories! Good luck!
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i did it. i just had my baby 6 weeks ago. you can change it to gain weight or have it to maintain and just know that you have to eat another 200 cal during your second trimester and 300 during your third trimester. you can check out my blog on how i stayed fit and healthy during my pregnancy and now i am blogging how to get your body back after pregnancy. I gained a healthy 30lbs, baby came out 2 weeks early at 7lbs 13oz and now I only have about 3-5lbs to lose. I mainly want to tone up. if you have any questions you can always message me. congrats :)
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Got this from Americanpregnancy.org:

*For women who were a normal weight before pregnancy with a BMI of 18.5-24.9 the recommended weight gain guideline is 25-35 pounds.
    *Women who are underweight pre-pregnancy with a BMI of less than 18.5 should gain between 28-40 pounds unless your health care provider says differently.
    *Women who begin pregnancy overweight, with a BMI of 25-29, should gain between 15-25 pounds unless your health care provider says differently.
    *Women who are obese with a pre-pregnancy BMI of 30 or more should strive for a weight gain of 11-20 pounds unless directed differently by your health care provider.

Congrats and good luck!!
  • racevez
    Options
    This is the just the information that I was looking for today. Thank you.
    Happy New Year to me...woke up to a positive pregnancy test. Due September 9th. This is baby #4.
    I've recently lost 25 pounds and feel amazing but had a ways to go still.
    Thanks for all the great advice!!