110 lbs. to lose I'm ashamed to say.

Options
A friend told me about this site and I think it will help me. If there are others who have a lot of weight to lose, I'd be happy to be part of your support group as I am finally taking getting healthy seriously, because of declining health. Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!

Replies

• Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first step to losing this weight, and regaining fitness.

Over the last few years my health had also been declining (diabetes becoming out of control, macular degeneration needing laser surgery). However since joining MFP at the end of August 2011 I have lost 13 kg (about 29 lbs). My insulin requirements have halved, and I know I have more stamina.

I have not reached my goal weight yet (my next goal is to lose another 10 kg, which I aim to do by June). Like many others I have been on diets before, and then gradually put some of the weight back on. However even if you only use MFP to assist in "counting calories", I am sure you will find it very helpful.

I wish you every success in meeting your objectives, and a New Year filled with health and happiness.
  • beforesixty
    Options
    Well Hello All! Yes happy to join! Am pushing 60..have tried always to lose...have been insulin dependent Diabetes for 5 years, but it runs in the family....looking forward to reaching 1/2 my goals by sixty!...10 months and counting . Don't feel confident about putting my face out there! congrats to all of you who do! maybe soon..Don't be ashamed about the weight goal loss of 100+ at least you are on! I just keep trying to lose the same 75 lbs...and now it's at it's height again because I talk myself into....it doesn't matter....but it does....so I'd like to join you all in trying to lick this!!!!
    Unusual beautiful day today..for JAN 1st so went for a brisk walk (after trying to get all my walking gear out) cold here usually!...looking to dust off my treadmill too! it's old.
    will track my eating as well....what a great easy site!!!!
    Take care and let's do it!
  • AandJsMommy
    Options
    Welcome! Don't be ashamed. You are taking the first step to lose the weight.
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. You will find great motivation and inspiration here. Also, there are great tools to help you along your way.

Just remember to enjoy the journey!
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. You will find great motivation and inspiration here. Also, there are great tools to help you along your way.

Just remember to enjoy the journey!
  • tnvolsfan74
    tnvolsfan74 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I made my mind up to lose weight, I had 116 lbs to lose. Just remember, it's just a number. Don't let it intimidate you. You will get there. I am a little more than halfway and I can say that you CAN do this. Feel free to add me and I wish you the best!!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose, over what you need to lose, and this is the best place to come! Everyone is so supportive and helpful. Welcme to the first day of the rest of your life!

MFP realy helps. You can do it.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have the same amount to lose! You can do it! feel free to add me as a friend if you need another partner in this!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!! This is a great place for support and inspiration!!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i have the same amount to lose as you good luck this is my year to lose it
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Happy new year to you and welcome. This is a great way to start your new healthier lifestyle. They will be loads of people here happy to help you. Congrats on making the decision and good luck.

I have sent you a friends request to offer you support.
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    A lot of us struggle with our weight. No shame in knowing the amount you want to lose! There was a long period of time that I didn't weigh myself and didn't know how much I wanted to lose, so stepping on the scale and choosing a goal was a big moment. I'm proud of myself for doing that!
  • mark2605
    mark2605 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't be ashamed at all. Confronting the problem is the first step, and a very important one at that. I'd say I probably have at least 110lbs to go, and that is said having not weighed myself since mid December (GASP).

Remember, MFP works best as a tool when you log EVERYTHING you eat. If you only log your good days and not your bad ones - and there will be bad ones - you won't develop the sense of accountability that is so important in changing your psychology and relationship with food. If any of that makes it sound like I have changed my compulsive and emotional relationship with food definitively, that is definitely not the case - it is a work in progress, but MFP has been transformative to how i think about the whole thing.

Remember also that diet (as opposed to exercise) is 80% to 90% of weight loss. Exercise is amazing for health (mental and physical), and a very necessary part of the weight loss journey (especially helps with motivation), but from a pure, technical numbers on the scale point of view, what you put in your mouth is paramount. NO EXERCISE REGIME - EVEN THAT OF A PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE - CAN COUNTERACT A DESTRUCTIVE, SLOPPY DIET.
  • Shantre
    Shantre Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed!
  • Myrtlemama4
    Myrtlemama4 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    There is always a day 1 in every success story...Concentrate on changing your eating and exercising, and not focus on the big number. This is not a diet, this is a lifestyle. You can do this! :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about this site and I think it will help me. If there are others who have a lot of weight to lose, I'd be happy to be part of your support group as I am finally taking getting healthy seriously, because of declining health. Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!
    I have 30lbs to lose, I know it is not a mega lot, but if you want to add me, please, please do.

Happy new year to you :flowerforyou:
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Best wishes!

Stay dedicated and count your daily wins. Do the right things and do things right.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    No need to be ashamed! You are in the right place! With some support and motivation, you CAN do this! You control what you do here so be honest and hold yourself accountable. Sometimes it can be hard to actually see what you put into your body everyday, so brace yourself! You'll do great.:smile:
  • ninjadog
    Options
    Greetings,

I do not understand how much is 110 lbs is as I have always worked in kgs. Well I currently weigh 120 kgs and my goal is to reach 80 kgs and then 65 kgs. Anyone can do it. Just dont back down, enjoy the journey and you will reach your destination soon. I hope I can give this community my best. Feel free to add me :) I am from the United Kingdom but I am an Indian. :D