Couch to 5k?

Options
Any one starting this? I'm starting tomorrow! Can't wait to get going now!

Replies

• tobe117
    Options
    I started this last week and it's going well so far! Definitely worth doing as I've been someone who has always liked the idea of running but never actually stuck at it. I'm finding that the pace of this builds nicely so that it's not too much too soon which is always a bonus.
    Good luck
  • allisami
    allisami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Doing this currently. On week 5 day 2... So far so good but I repeated this day because I wasn't ready to move on.
  • padikate
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow too! Looking forward to it!
  • 0namission
    Options
    IM Thinking of Starting itt!!! First Thing Monday Afternoon! Would love soem buddies!
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I am in week 4. The first three were a breeze. Week 4 day 1 was work! I can see results in distance and time. First race in February.
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on my work schedule. I have always wanted to be a runner and have heard really good things about the program. I am prepared to repeat days or even weeks if need be as I heard it can kick an out-of-shape person's ace (which is totally me). My goal is to run a 5k race in June when the weather is a little better in the PNW. Best of luck to you!
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am planning on running my first 5k in april .... Starting couch to 5k this week!! Good luck everyone!!!
  • amystrongerfaster
    Options
    I'm the same as you tobe117, I've always wanted to give it a go, and I've had a few poor attempts but having something I can stick to seems great!
  • Kgiannelli
    Kgiannelli Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow!! If anyone wants to join me let me know I live in Santa Monica....or if in 9 weeks someone wants to run a 5k with ,e let's plan it!! That will keep us on track!!!
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this coming week. I've started it in the past and quit when my life got to hectic but I'm not going to let myself quit this time. My sister and I are registered for the St Patrick's Day Dash here in Seattle so I have a definite goal to work towards.
  • amystrongerfaster
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

Found this group for it so join up if you haven't already! :) x
  • netsirk12
    netsirk12 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have always found running to be tough. I would like to be able to run one mile without stopping.
    I know this sounds really bad but the worst of it is my breasts. I wear 2 sports bras and a tank with a bra in it and about 1/2 mile in it hurts so bad I have to give it a break and walk. Hopefully with losing more weight it will get easier.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start Week 2 when I run tonight! I'm trying not to be overeager on running because I know it's easy to overdo it and get injured, but I can't wait to improve my endurance and speed! I love pushing myself :)
  • rbrunner29
    Options
    I completed this program this past summer, ran 3 5K's in September/October and then completely fell off the wagon. I'm starting up again, getting ready for an 8K in April :)
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I have always found running to be tough. I would like to be able to run one mile without stopping.
    I know this sounds really bad but the worst of it is my breasts. I wear 2 sports bras and a tank with a bra in it and about 1/2 mile in it hurts so bad I have to give it a break and walk. Hopefully with losing more weight it will get easier.

I know the feeling! and I promise it does get better. Both cause you start loosing weight, and you get used to the movement. It helps to do some lifting as well to strengthen your chest muscles.

I just did day 3 of week 4 today, since starting again on week 4 after christmas. I was on week 6 before christmas but felt I was going too slow, so decided to start on w4 and go faster (on a treadmill). 2 months ago I'd never believe I could run for 20+ minutes (breast bouncing and knee/ancle complaining).. but now I'm going to finish properly in february :D
  • Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

Found this group for it so join up if you haven't already! :) x

THANK YOU!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow! Feel free to add me & we can keep each other accountable. :)
  • zohtherapy
    Options
    I start tomorrow...just downloading it now from nhs direct :) x
  • repoman150
    repoman150 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just finished the program, and I cant say enough about it. Im 41 years old, a heavy smoker and overweight...and damned if that program didnt get me running fo 30 minutes at a time. That program saved me. I am now starting the bridge to 10k program. Just remember, you dont have to run fast. its all about building up your endurance. My average speed on the mill is 4.5. Just follow the program and you will make it.
  • texami
    texami Posts: 7
    Options
    Just started today. I used the app on my phone and really liked it. It went by really fast. I've wanted to start running for a while.