Ladies - we're doomed

Options
2»

Replies

• YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly, I prefer my body to those anyway. I would prefer it with less fat... lol... but even still. But I am very comfortable in my own skin. I wish that on every woman in the world.
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    You are doomed if you compare yourself to other people anyway - I can't think of a better way to make yourself miserable! This journey is about me becoming a lighter, healthier version of me and I don't really care how I add up to other people!
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Kind of reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U
    Only that Dove actually wants non-model people for their campaigns.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Kind of reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhCn0jf46U
    Only that Dove actually wants non-model people for their campaigns.
    I don't know, I think Dove is right up there with the rest too, though they may try to appear not to be. They succeeded in making me feel self conscious about my dry armpits, and I didn't even know it was a problem!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Meh...I wouldn't be surprised if many of the male models for A&F, American Eagle, etc are photoshopped as well. I don't ever compare myself to anything in print these days nor deem them "normal" or "beautiful"...not a lot of it is real anymore.

Which is a real shame.
  • jlfox165
    Options
    Quite honestly, I prefer my body to those anyway. I would prefer it with less fat... lol... but even still. But I am very comfortable in my own skin. I wish that on every woman in the world.

Wow. I like this attitude. I really liked this part-- "I am very comfortable in my own skin." I couldn't agree more.
    However, I too am losing weight for a purely selfish reason---me! I simply want to look better and be healthier.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Ladies... there are some pretty faces in that photo, but those bodies leave a lot to be desired by real guys.

Don't be discouraged... 10 - 30 pounds over on a woman is pretty damn sexy.
    I am so in love with you right now lol
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I'm doomed anyway... it has nothing to do with H&M....

Now, show me some kittens doing funny things..... :o)
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Ladies... there are some pretty faces in that photo, but those bodies leave a lot to be desired by real guys.

Don't be discouraged... 10 - 30 pounds over on a woman is pretty damn sexy.
    I am so in love with you right now lol

RIGHT?! He's quite handsome too! Go look at his pictures :love:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I think it's crap that these companies don't think they can sell their products dispalyed on anything other than a fake body. My boys see these adds: what does it do to their expectations/views of what a woman looks like vs. how they are portrayed in the market place. I love the way my wife looks, imperfections especially. She earned her body, both good and "bad". And none of it is bad in my book. She is the hottest woman i know. I'll take curves and squeezable areas over those "boyish" model bodies anyday!
  • russdev
    russdev Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm doomed anyway... it has nothing to do with H&M....

Now, show me some kittens doing funny things..... :o)

As requested :)

0804d63e-c993-4fde-ad45-89d965e6e920.jpg

As people said men/women all models in mag are fake when comes to it. Anyway always preferred women who have naturally good looks and never found the glamorized version of good looks appealing...

--
    Russell
    http://www.fitnessthegeekway.com/
    russdev_logo_fitness_final_web_banner.png
  • CiciPorcayo
    CiciPorcayo Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Idk why anyone is surprised! If you have ever seen a Victoria's secret model or celebrity in person you would see.. they don't have flawless glowing skin... 20 inch waists etc... We live a world , Media world so photo shopped and edited... young girls commit suicide over these bodies... bodies that don't exist and even if they do.. They aren't as common as people would like you to think!
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    not surprising for me either, I worked with photoshop all the time while I went to the university and it works "wonders". Back in 2005 I have seen an interesting article about a really beautiful model and how she would get photoshoped: eyes mirrored, arms longer and thinner, hair thickened etc...Almost every published picture is photoshoped

"nobody is perfect as they show them in magazines, but everyone is perfect in its own way"