Is anyone doing the WII??

Options
Ok so i'm about to start doing a couple of the WII games with my soon to be aunt in law as part of our new exercise routine and I was wondering if anyone else does or has done this? I've never played the WII much so i'm curious

Replies

• cardiogirl1970
    cardiogirl1970 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes I got a wii for xmas i got just dance 3 and zumba 1 and 2 love just dance for the fun factor but for a proper workout zumba 2 is by far the best tells you how many cals burned time played you can track your weight on it also, great workout :)
  • Kirsty_1984
    Options
    I got a wii for xmas aswell...well i say i.Really me and my partner got 1 from his parents but he never uses it because he has his ps3 lol so i class it as mine lol.Anyway i use the ea sports active 2,just dance and my fitness coach: cardio.Im currently doing a 9 week programme on the active 2 just now which is good.What i usually do is use the active 2 mon,tue,thur,fri and use my fitness coach on a wednesday and if i feel ok after the work outs on active 2 then sometimes i will do a bit of my fitness coach afterwords.Im only on day 13 of the 9 wk programme so hopefully will start seeing some changes in my weight reasonably soon lol
  • NancyHukka
    Options
    I'm having fun with my daughter's country dance. I don't think I burn as many calories as I do with other workouts, but I need to change things up to keep me motivated and Wii is a fun activity to throw in now and then.
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm going to use the Wii too. Sort of got a plan set up, I have Wii Fit/EA Sports Active/Wii Sports and Wii Beach Sports from 2009 time. I also purchased Wii Fit Plus and EA Sports Active 2 for this year as they are a little more better and up to date.

So yeah, I'm looking to mix up the EA Sports Active 2 programme with a bit of Wii Fit and some of the sports games. I see Zumba 2 is really good but I have two left feet and can't dance to save my life. Supposed to burn tons of calories in an hour though!
  • iceqieen
    iceqieen Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    wii fit and fit plus - fun, light exercise
    star wars, the force unleashed (and other fighting games) - fun to do battle in (you can get away with random waving of the controler, but you can also do proper form sword fights, though it depends on the quality of the game. read reviews well before buying >.<)
    EA sports active 2 - good exercise, light/medium depending on the setting (not tried the "hard" setting though).
    Wii sports, and sport retreat - fun activities. Can be a light exercise.

also tried a cheerleading game thing, but while it was good exercise the motion sensing was too buggy. read reviews online before buying any games, they can be very up and down.
  • Mrs_Me
    Mrs_Me Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've clocked up two hours on Wii Fit Plus today. Good fun.
  • Olycupcake
    Options
    I'm starting the Biggest Loser Wii. The Dance 3 looks fun too.