What is the best time to weigh in the day?

Options
What is the best time to weigh in the day?

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    First thing on waking, before you eat and after you pee, naked, while thinking light thoughts! :laugh:
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    As soon as you wake up....use the bathroom....then weigh yourself.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    First thing on waking, before you eat and after you pee, naked, while thinking light thoughts! :laugh:

I like this answer better!!!!!
  • AngChambers06
    AngChambers06 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

hit the nail on the head... :)

wake up pee then weigh :)
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

:laugh: love it! while sucking it in thinking it shall make a world of diffrence is what i do :laugh:

but yea first thing after peeing before eating
  • auntie_missy
    auntie_missy Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter, as long as you do it at the same time every time you weigh yourself. Most of us prefer to weigh ourselves in the morning, after using the bathroom but before eating, because that gives the lowest possible weight. If you weighed yourself at night before bed, there's nothing wrong with that, but it may be 2-5 pound more that it would have been in the morning. However, as long as you weight at the same time of day consistently, you will still be able to track your weight loss.
  • Suella62
    Suella62 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm also in a weight-loss support group (Take Off Pounds Sensibly - aka TOPS), and so I weigh in weekly on Thursday evening. I lost 35 lbs to my goal weight, and now maintain a 10-lb leeway. The club helps me continue & I've made some very good friends. I just started my 10th year keeping the weight off :) Anyway - You just really want consistency. Whether you weigh daily (I do this first thing in the morning) or weekly, like in my club. I do both & that works for me. Good luck!
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    thanks every one that's help me
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter, as long as you do it at the same time every time you weigh yourself. Most of us prefer to weigh ourselves in the morning, after using the bathroom but before eating, because that gives the lowest possible weight. If you weighed yourself at night before bed, there's nothing wrong with that, but it may be 2-5 pound more that it would have been in the morning. However, as long as you weight at the same time of day consistently, you will still be able to track your weight loss.

I look at morning weigh in as a consistency thing. Even if you weigh yourself at 4PM every time, depending on exactly what you've eaten, it could throw the numbers off because of the weight of the food you've eaten. When you first wake up, you don't have that issue, as your stomach is usually empty.
  • miw14
    miw14 Posts: 43
    Options
    I would say right when you wake up is the best time to weigh in. I would recommend you weighing in what ever time is best for you. But make sure you weigh in at the same time whenever you weigh yourself.