Help i think my scale is playing mind games!!!

Options
Okay i really need some help!!! i weighed my self this morning and it said 162 and that's with my pj's on which is a tank top and sweat pants... so then right before i got in the shower since i was in my birthday suit i figured i would see what the scale says and its saying 160 how can my clothes weigh 2lbs..so after getting out of the shower i put back on my pj's and again it says 162 so what do i really weigh??? did i really lose 2lbs???

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Okay i really need some help!!! i weighed my self this morning and it said 162 and that's with my pj's on which is a tank top and sweat pants... so then right before i got in the shower since i was in my birthday suit i figured i would see what the scale says and its saying 160 how can my clothes weigh 2lbs..so after getting out of the shower i put back on my pj's and again it says 162 so what do i really weigh??? did i really lose 2lbs???
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    clothes aren't anti gravity :laugh:

I weigh 5lbs more with my workout clothes and shoes on that nekid so yes, you can weigh more with clothes on
  • blackbeltfairy
    Options
    Your clothes could definitely weight 2 lbs. I've actually managed to magically lose 5 lbs just by weighing myself nekkid instead of clothed.
  • BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I always weight same time; morning after relieving myself and before shower and naked!!! i wear tons of jewerly and i have done that little test myself and some days i can weight a whole 7lbs more after i get dressed!!! ok maybe i need to loose a few pieces of jewelery!!! so to answer your question i would say the naked weigh in is more accurate!!
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    WEIGH YOUR CLOTHES. Hahahah. Seriously, clothes can be anywhere from 2lbs-5lbs. Even more I'd wager. So your scale isn't defective at all.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Wow i didn't even realize clothes could really add on 2lbs... well for now on im weighing in only in my birthday suit cause thats a big difference...
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    I weighed in on my scale today at home and according to that it stated i didnt loose any i was so disapointed then to realize i needed batteries for it lol. good thing i had a doc apoit. and he weighed me in and with clothes on i lost 2 more lbs. so kind of makes me wonder if i lost more and account for my clothes on??? hummmm:ohwell:
  • jaimebarth
    jaimebarth Posts: 31
    Options
    No matter what, only weigh yourself in the morning after you pee and before you shower because wet hair and body can affect the weight and also for sure clothing can. I track my weight loss that way so that other daily factors don't change my weight like food consumption, water weight, etc. But for sure like angel1face says, also check the batteries because that can wig it out too. Good luck!