To Anyone Who Has Said, Only ONE pound?

Options
Hello everyone...I just wanted to give some inspiration....so often we weigh ourselves and we say only ONE POUND lost? only HALF a pound lost?

This is horrible self talk...Sooo...I challenge you to find something that weighs one pound or half a pound and carry it around with you for 10 minutes and then put it down....it feels good not to carry that around, doesnt it?

So, dont be hard on yourself...your body feels better getting rid of your one pound or half a pound too :)

Replies

• Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    YES! It doesn't seem like much to even lose a few ounces but when I think about how much less my body is carrying around I am proud of each loss, no matter how small! :happy:
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

I'm not sure who wrote this, but I love it.
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    1lb_fat.jpg
  • NaturalinCO
    NaturalinCO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Like a box of BUTTER!! :) That's how my MIL taught me to look at my "just one pound" :) Good reminder!
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    thats a good 1. i grabbed the butter box and looked at it and said wow. thats a pound and when u start stacking them u can see how much a pound or 2 can add up.
  • shabounds
    Options
    Wow, GREAT post and a neat way of thinking of it. I am new to MFP and not yet used to the fact that the scale isn't going to change much overnight.
  • Kagard11
    Kagard11 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • ginandtonica
    ginandtonica Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes...the butter thing. Gross.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Great post! I also love the box of butter analogy :-)
  • spottedlee
    Options
    I did the "dance" when I saw 0.8 pound loss this morning from last Sunday,, to me,, any loss, even 1 oz is amazing!
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I agree with you on that and any loss is a good thing better to lose it than gain it that what I think
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I think we forget that to lose 2, 3, 4, or 5 lbs that those numbers are a bunch of 1 lbs smooshed together!!! It all starts with one and keeps adding up!!! Because this week it may be 1 lb and even if next week is "only" 1 lb that equals 2 lbs!!!

We need to remember that the journey to health (which for most of us will inevitably lead to weight loss) is a marathon not a sprint and is a lifelong quest not a couple month "job" that will end in us returning to our old habits!! Welcome to the rest of your healthy life!!!
  • jpierce8806
    Options
    I completely agree! I just think we all want it so fast we forget it didnt happen that fast! Thanks for your post :)
  • katelynnmagdalena
    Options
    Thank you for the reminder! It's so easy to get down on yourself when looking at weight loss like that. I will try to follow this!
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I was so excited this morning, weighing in for the first time since Christmas Eve, that I had lost 0.4lbs! I did the happy dance for each of those 4 ounces!
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me? If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet. Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me; I'm Only One Pound, just a pound. Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one, so I just stick around and happily keep you fat. Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight. Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please. So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound." ( as if that were such a terrible thing!) For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing. And I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you. Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

I'm not sure who wrote this, but I love it.
    I love it too
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    iHEARTcardiacnurses Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I was so excited this morning, weighing in for the first time since Christmas Eve, that I had lost 0.4lbs! I did the happy dance for each of those 4 ounces!

0.4lbs is 6.4 ounces...more dancing!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    So true! I've been on the rails for a couple of months and keep getting depressed over the "only" 16lbs lost on my ticker (compared to all my friends sweeping past me every week). And then I pick up one of my babies and think "wow, I was carrying this around on my body before!"

Right now my goal is to lose a pound for every pound that my twins gain! That way when I carry them I will remain weight-neutral. :)