Drinking water, make it a game

Options
Good advice.

I saw this on Pinterest. It will help those having trouble with drinking water.

At the beginning of the day put 8 rubber bands around your wrist.

For every 8 oz of water you drink, take off 1 rubber band.

For any soda or "bad choice" put on 1 rubber band.

Try and get rid of all rubber bands by the days end!

http://pinterest.com/pin/266627240408858659/

Replies

• Pounds2Lose
    Pounds2Lose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's an easy way to remind yourself to drink more water.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I like this! I think I'll try it. I have such a hard time drinking my water. Thanks!
  • jsr0928
    jsr0928 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, now, that is an interesting way to do it. I am always trying to remember to log my water and figure out how many I had. Thanks for that simple tip. I will try it this week and see how it goes.
  • Goldenbast
    Goldenbast Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Do drink packets count as "bad"? Like crystal lite and stuff...I am trying to cut out all soda and have started using the packets....I usually have no trouble with drinking water...I can go through 2 32oz bottles in a few hours..but it is kicking the sodas that is so bloody difficult...so far I have managed, but only because when I get a craving, I use a water packet.
  • JRRCLR
    JRRCLR Posts: 353
    Options
    I've been told if it doesn't have sodium you can count it as water. Many of the Crystal Light mixes are like that but SOME DO have sodium
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    If you have a hard time keeping up with what you drank, there are also some apps that you can use.

I use an android app - it's just called "Drinking Water"
  • Galletakek
    Options
    I find it easy to drink water when i put lemon and some Scivation - Xtend - Refreshing Watermelon.. its really good :

but this game could be fun hmm ill have to try it :)
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I put 4 rubber bands around my water bottle. Each bottle holds 32 ounces. If I can get all 4 rubber bands off the bottle I allow myself something special (small but not food related).
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I put 4 rubber bands around my water bottle. Each bottle holds 32 ounces. If I can get all 4 rubber bands off the bottle I allow myself something special (small but not food related).

I like that idea!
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Do drink packets count as "bad"? Like crystal lite and stuff...I am trying to cut out all soda and have started using the packets....I usually have no trouble with drinking water...I can go through 2 32oz bottles in a few hours..but it is kicking the sodas that is so bloody difficult...so far I have managed, but only because when I get a craving, I use a water packet.

I heard that crystal light (along with soda's) contain aspartame (?) and that is NOT good. Trying to kick soda's too!
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    that's such a good idea :)
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i also have a horrible time getting water down. it's always chilly here, and i'm just not thirsty. soooooo, i have been drinking decaf hot tea, and decaf coffee with a pinch of almond milk. bought me a cute jumbo teapot, and make a potful in the morning. i can usually get the pot down, while getting ready for work. If it doesnt have caffeine, or sodium, it counts as water. since i've been doing the tea, i've been hitting my 8 a day, almost every day. yea, me.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Thats a great idea for people who cannot drink enough water... For me I just crave water therefore I drink more than enough on a daily basis... Hopefully this helps others to consume a higher water content
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    In the morning, I fiII a haIf gaIIon bottle with water and fresh lemon, drink it by the time I get home from work, as soon as I get home, refiII it, and make sure It's gone a few hours before bed time
  • Boring2Fit
    Options
    Good idea! haha I rarely drink water and I don't even drink other fluids either. Very bad of me but I'll try this out :)
  • DocNorton
    Options

I heard that crystal light (along with soda's) contain aspartame (?) and that is NOT good. Trying to kick soda's too!

pretty much all diet or lite sodas contain it to give it the sweet taste...