Hello, I'm new

Options
Hello. I joined my fitness pal almost a year ago, but I have not been back til now. I'm female, in my fifties, trying to maintain health and fitness as I age. I lost about 25 pounds last year and have gained back 7 over the holidays, which I am working on losing again. I'm 5' 3" and currently 130 pounds.

Replies

• debleawal6
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. I'm in Australia and found it hard to find an app that is geared for Australians. Good luck with your journey, just remember take one day at a time, and you will get there. I started jogging again yesterday and I thought I was going to die, but I didn't I made my 7 laps around the oval and felt great after wards. Although I am waiting for my breakfast to settle for going for my morning run and trying to not think of the pain. My thighs are killing me.

Good luck

debleawal6
  • sherrifergi
    Options
    I am with the many others starting a New Year Resolution. I plan to eat healthy and start loosing some of this weight. I have gained weight over the past 18 months and my husband is taking me on a cruise. I will not be at my goal weight by then but I have got to start somewhere. I have had several pics taken with my granddaughter (15 months old) and see how large I have become. My birthday is in June and I hope to be 2 sizes smaller by then. Got to start eating better. I love food!!!! I am 5'10" and weight 185 I am in a size 14 and hope to be in a size 10 by June. Good luck on sticking to your plan too.
  • Wolfy57
    Options
    Hello All,

I live in Eugen Oregon and I've just discovered My Fitness Pal. I've been hiking, backpacking and climbing my whole life, but over the last two years have experienced some serious challenges to my health. Now I'm on the road to recovery. I'm walking a few miles several times a week, doing some Sun Salutations, feeling A Little Better Every Day!!! I love my walks in the woods. This summer, I'm planning on putting my harness back on, tying in and climbing a hundred-footer. May you all live in perfect Health and Joy.
    Wolfy57
  • 2boys31
    2boys31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - good luck everyone with your goals. I joined here over a year ago but have been up and down all 2011. I am now at the heaviest I have been in my life and even weigh more than when my third child was just born.

I aim to be back in my size 10 clothes by 23rd June as my target - (hubby and I get a rare holiday on our own for my 40th Birthday)

I start on Tuesday when kids back at school and life back to normal after the Christmas period. Good luck!
  • Stylistntenn
    Options
    Hey guys,

This is my first day on here. I am like a lot of others with a "New Years Resolution" so to speak. I am trying to get back on track with eating better and exercising more. It has been a lifelong battle for me. I started gaining weight at age 4. I have always loved food. I lost about 55 pounds back in 2003-2004. I was almost to my goal weight at that time and I was pretty happy with myself. Then I got engaged/married and began to gain again. Over the course of the next 5 years or so I gained back all that weight plus about 20 pounds. Then, in 2010 I lost somewhere around 25 pounds again. I was trying to continue my weight loss in 2011 but found out I was pregnant in February. I was very sick most of my pregnancy and only gained 2 pounds. So, I don't have any baby weight to lose, but plenty of MY weight to lose haha! Utlimately I would like to lose about 65 pounds this year... Being a new mom, I see how important health is. I want to be there for my daughter for a long long time... I'm glad to see that this site has so many great tools and I'm also hoping to meet a few people who understand my struggles.

Tiffany