wot do people think of th maple syrup diet?

Options
im thinking of going on it but i dnt know if it works, has anynoe done it? x

Replies

• nevaehevol
    Options
    im thinking of going on it but i dnt know if it works, has anynoe done it? x
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    even without having the facts it sounds like another FAD that will not work. Treat your body to good food choices and exercise and you will get the results you want and they will be long lasting.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I LIKE maple syrup and use it on waffles and pancakes. Other than that though, I think I will just continue to do as I have been doing and what has led me to lose close to 70 lbs since September. The magic secret?? Eating foods good for my body, portion control, exercise and drinking lots of water. Ta da!!!! ;)
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    what i think is there are no short cuts
    ultimately i know i need to eat healthy and smaller portions for the rest of my life
    so i dont see the point in me tryin it cos i will still have to face these choices at some point so i will stick with what i am doing?
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    what is the maple syrup diet?
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    Ok, this is only my actual results. I did this lemon/maple syrup thing. It worked out very well for me, but here's why;

I was looking to clense my body of extra toxins and hormones.
    I wanted to end my cravings for rice and salt.
    I wanted to test myself for disipline.

So yes, for me it did work...but not as some big weight-loss solution. It helped me test myself and gave me a lot to think of. Its a very hard diet to do...very hard to stick with... and it's meant to help you change your eating habits. You cannot go back to eating the way your were and expect the weight not to come back. I never gained any of the weight back. Remember, its a very strict diet. It helps with somethings, but it's not meant to be a miracle quick-answer to weight loss. I still exercise and still watch what I eat.
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    Also, I did lose a pretty good chunk of weight when I did it... but, as gross as it may sound, it's more of a clean your body diet. one of the side benefits is that it takes some weight with the toxins. Did you know that your colon can hold up to 8 pounds of "stuff" in it? this is "stuff" thats in your body all of the time!!!! EWWWEEW!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Also, I did lose a pretty good chunk of weight when I did it... but, as gross as it may sound, it's more of a clean your body diet. one of the side benefits is that it takes some weight with the toxins. Did you know that your colon can hold up to 8 pounds of "stuff" in it? this is "stuff" thats in your body all of the time!!!! EWWWEEW!
    I had heard that meat stays in your stomach for three days, have you heard this?
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    I hadn't heard that, although I wouldn't be surprised. Meats are much harder for your body to break down. It does help to chew your bites up like crazy...from what my doctor told me.
  • borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Is that the maple syrup, cayenne, and lemon juice diet.... I tried that one.. The most disgusting thing I have ever tasted in my life!!!!! I don't even like maple syrup now.. :/ ... If you can handle it I am sure it will help you lose weight. BUt if you want to get real results and keep them then its better to change your eating habits.