Best NSV from 2011, goal NSV for 2012?

Options
Hi, I just thought I'd ask what people's most awesome NSV of 2011 was, and if you have any specific NSV(s) for 2012! :)

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My biggest NSV of 2011 was getting cast in a play as the ingenue. Sure, I was playing against a guy who topped ~300 lbs, but I looked damned CUTE next to him!

I don't know that I have an NSV goal for 2012 except to stay in the size jeans I'm in now, or to drop a jeans size. But honestly, if I could maintain these jeans, that would be a victory!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    When my husband looked at me and said he could see " a 600% difference" in me.(Yesterday) His exact words.:blushing:
    I'm halfway there!:bigsmile:
  • pinguina8
    pinguina8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2011: EIther getting back my 25 inch waist or fitting into size 2 jeans!
    NSV for 2012: Get down to 24 inch waist, and maybe lose an inch in bust/hips, and/or do a half marathon :)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I onlyt started in September and seem to be a slow loser :/ so not a lot of big victories as yet, although buying my first pair of 34inch jeans since college rates well.

I have sooooo many expectations for 2011, my physical goals are to bench press over 100kgs and squat body weight X2, and to be able to complete a handstand pushup :P.

Physically, my ultimate goal is to drop my body fat below 15%, I want visible abs dammit, for the first time in my whole life I just wanna see 'em! :tongue:
  • rowerrunnercmt
    Options
    I love seeing everyone's replies to this! The little successes are the best ones :)

I've only lost a little over 10 pounds so far, but recent victories for me include: banishing the cellulite I had on the back of my thighs, and trying on size 12 jeans, only to have them be a bit too loose!
    For 2012, I'm hoping to get back to the 29 inch waist I had at my skinniest a few years ago, and to consistently fit into sizes 8/10 (rather than 12/14). I also want to run a half-marathon and do a few fast 5K's.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My best from last year: ONEderland!!! Just hit it too! I'd like to be in a size 10 jean or less by the end of this year :)
  • thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    2011 NSV was losing over 30lbs and going from 26/28 to 22/24 *28 in jeans and down to a 22*
    2012 NSV losing atleast 50lbs more by the end of the year.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My favorite NSV from this year was putting on my scrawny little husbands wedding band. I stopped breathing for a second I was in shock. haha. And when I say this man is scrawny I mean SCRAWNY. I've never been able to wear his wedding band.

The NSV I'm looking forward to in 2012 is putting on my Bridesmaid dress from my sisters wedding in 2005. I'm already the skinniest I've been in 6 years but just can't squeeze into that baby yet.
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Even though I haven't had any major differences scale-wise, I feel my biggest NSV so far is my clothes getting looser and people noticing my changing body! Not quite ready to be down to the next size, but I'm really proud of the 4.25" loss I've had around my waist since I started really using MFP.

My goal for this year is to continue making progress in losing inches and pounds, to continue to eat healthy (with the occasional cheat), and to make 2012 a successful year! Ideally, I guess I'd love to fit into a pair of pants that are the single digits (8s to be exact), but I'll take whatever I can as long as I am healthy!
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Getting my wedding ring back on last spring (it's so loose now that I've started wearing it on my middle finger), and getting my wedding dress back on last week.

Goal NSVs for this year are a 5K in March and a 10K in May. I know I'll walk a lot of them, but it'll still be a huge accomplishment!
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Mine happened this morning for 2012: I'm the same weight as my hubby!
    From last year, going from being considered diabetic to not being considered diabetic! In 3 months!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!