Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • loisd82
    loisd82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred for a while before Christmas (getting back on it tomorrow) but i noticed a huge difference in my tummy in the first 3 weeks!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hot yoga.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If your stomach's not as flat as you want it, you need to burn more fat. You can't really choose which areas you lose from, genetics decide that unfortunately :(

The best thing you can do is eat at a small calorie deficit to lose fat, having patience and it will eventually get flatter. Also, work on heavy strength training to build up your muscles as that's what you want to focus on and eat sufficient protein so you don't lose muscle while you lose weight.
    Full body workouts such as squats and deadlifts are great strength training exercises to do!! They target so many muscles at once and really get the heart rate going.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i highly recommend insanity....it is not only an amazing core workout but also cardio which burns a lot of calories and both are essential to getting a flatter stomach (it really helped me)
  • rhce40
    Options
    1,000 burpees a day, it's known as the northsider's prison routine

do you think it is essential to do them all at once? or is it okay to break it up over the day? I'd like to try this on days i'm not in the gym
    thanks
  • SuzFa
    SuzFa Posts: 3
    Options
    Try this, Lie on floor, arms at sides with palm down. Legs together. Press palms down as you lift your legs while keeping them together and lift upper body from the floor at the same time. Keep your neck and head even with your upper body and keep the small of your back on the floor.
    With upper body off of floor, and the legs off of the floor 12-18 inches, move legs away from each other slowly. Then, put them together again, and then slowly lower your legs and upper body to the floor at the same time. Repeat as many times as you can.

A good goal is 75/day, but they can be done at various times, such as 38 in the morning and 37 at night.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    the kitchen is where you start. good "clean" diet, ugh hate that phrase, lol

butt ab workouts w/ a core ball are very good. supermans, mountain climbers, planking, crunches. . . and cardio to get rid of the fat over the muscle
  • jaybee25
    jaybee25 Posts: 117
    Options
    like some of the above have said do the 30day shred or any jillian dvds
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    If u have excess fat, then like many others have said you need to lower your calorie intake.
    I you just want to tone, do plyometric exercises as well as any core workout. Planks, side planks, pushups, decline crunches, leg lefts, etc.

if u have a smart phone, there are many great FREE apps u can download for core workouts.
  • borys12
    borys12 Posts: 98
    Options
    Flat stomach is made in the kitchen. You have to make this fat layer away. I lost my first 20kg without exercising , just by dieting.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The first place I would start is looking at your diet... Like many have said diet plays a major role in this. Cardio will help also. I agree with whoever said insanity works wonders... ESP the plyometrics
  • Any type of cardiovascular exercise such as running will be beneficial for burning abdominal fat...crunches, leg raises and bicycles will help strengthen and shape your core.

Walking burns more fat than running.

http://www.healthyexerciseworld.com/running-vs-walking.html
  • addisondisease
    addisondisease Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Abs come from the kitchen not the weight room. lose some fat and maybe you'll get to see them. Squats and dead-lifts are the fastest weight lifting exercises you can do to get your abs, not crunches.
  • addisondisease
    Options
    If u have excess fat, then like many others have said you need to lower your calorie intake.
    I you just want to tone, do plyometric exercises as well as any core workout. Planks, side planks, pushups, decline crunches, leg lefts, etc.

if u have a smart phone, there are many great FREE apps u can download for core workouts.

Toning is a myth, it is impossible to "tone" a muscle
  • rhce40
    Options
    Any type of cardiovascular exercise such as running will be beneficial for burning abdominal fat...crunches, leg raises and bicycles will help strengthen and shape your core.

burn more fat yes, but running is better for cardio health. it depends on what you are looking to get out of it
  • Loverj79
    Loverj79 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump
  • addisondisease
    Options
    Any type of cardiovascular exercise such as running will be beneficial for burning abdominal fat...crunches, leg raises and bicycles will help strengthen and shape your core.

Seeing as OP wants a flat stomach she would want overall calorie burn, and not worry about how healthy her heart is.

burn more fat yes, but running is better for cardio health. it depends on what you are looking to get out of it
  • addisondisease
    Options
    For all you bumpers, ab wanters, and OP. 6 packs start in the kitchen. Learn how to eat 500 calories less than maintenance and you will eventually have abs. You already have the abdominal muscles they are just under all that subcutaneous material. Doing over 9,000 crunches is actually the last thing you want. That will build your abs up slightly but won't burn enough calories to show them, just making you look fatter. You want heavy compound lifts. Squats, Dead-Lifts, Bent-Rows, Bench press, Pull ups, Dips, ect.

So to recap:
    1. eat less/cleaner
    2. no crunches
    3. lift heavy
    3. lift with multiple muscle groups
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Got to agree with all those that are saying it's more about diet than exercise. Reducing my overall body fat made more of a difference than any specific exercises I ever did.