Any Wii workout game recommendations?

Options
Happy New Year everyone!

I got a Wii for Christmas this year and so far I just have the Just Dance 3! DVD. Does anyone have any good suggestions for some good workout games?

I was considering getting the Wii fit component, but it's a little pricey. Is it really worth it? Do I really need it?

Thanks!

Diana

Replies

• traintk
    traintk Posts: 22
    Options
    I actually think the wii dance is the best workout. We have 2 and 3. I also have the wii fit. With the wii fit, it has so many breaks in it that you lose the momentum. Feels like it takes forever and not a real great workout. My reccomendation is to not waste the money.
  • gfr2256
    Options
    Try the Wii active. It is cheaper and will get you a good taste of it. Plus later you can use it with the Fit if you upgrade. My wife and I did the active last year and it works. I was already working out at the gym but would do the active w/ her as my second workout of the day. I just wanted to support her and it was fun working out together. The only other thing my wife did was watch what she ate and in a matter of a couple of months I could tell a huge difference in her. Not only did she drop some pounds but she really toned up. Good luck! Oh and by the way, most of the workouts were fun too!!!
  • xbabyblueyez21x
    Options
    I just got Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatium 2010 for Christmas and it kicked my butt today!
  • vashtione
    Options
    I just got the Zumba 2 for wii- it is fun and a great workout!! It tracks my cals burned, how many minutes and weight. Plus I can choose to do one song at a time or a short (20min), medium(i think its 40min) or long class(60min). I can even create my own class and playlist- woohoo!! one of the best things for me is that my kids love it!! they have actually logged more time on it then i have- awesome!!
    So goodluck!!
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I can't wait to try it, but was hesitant on spending the money to get hte Wii Fit too!