In desperate need of support....

Options
2»

Replies

• Luckydrd
    Luckydrd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/madriver/6257683637/in/photostream

I lost about 50lbs. No cardio. I lifted weights for 35 minutes 3 times a week.
    It's 70% diet and the rest for exercise (body recomposition)

Stayed under 2000k calories a day. That's where Mfp came in. It's a valuable tool to keep track of your daily calorie intake.
  • toniandrws
    toniandrws Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also joined a few days ago. So far so good. I also need support. Please feel free to add me. Tonia
  • StrlJmnz
    Options
    I'm fairly new here as well. You are welcome to add me as a friend on here so we can support each other.
  • KES519
    KES519 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been on and off for almost a year and never really stuck with it, but with turning the "big 4-0" I've been giving it some thought and I am NOT going to get my extra weight off by continuing what I've been doing (not a whole lot). So, I'm back with a re-energized committment to getting fit. You can add me and we'll support each other. I understand about the whole "not feeling comfortable with the way you look". I don't like the way I look either. That's why I am back. And also in need of support! :flowerforyou:
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Invite me to be your friend
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Welcome... i cook for a family of 7 twice a day.. I understand who it can be...

Feel free to add me... Always open to more friends
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's a great place to be. Without MFP friends, I could not have made it this far. Lots of support and motivation here. Feel free to add me as a friend, we all need support.
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    Tips for success:
    1. Drink lots of water. (At least the 8 glasses per day suggested)
    2. Log everything you eat. This helps keep your focus and provides as sort of eating budget for each day. As you proceed, you will get to know more and more how the food choices you make affect your daily calories. And, adjust accordingly.
    3. Exercise. Find something that you enjoy. Start slow if you do not already exercise regularly. As you lose weight and get stronger, increase the intensity of your exercise regime and perhaps the frequency if possible.
    4. Don't get discouraged if the scale does not move quick enough. Aim for a 1 - 2 lb loss per week. Take it from me, this adds up quickly.
    Best of luck on your journey.
  • jamr753
    jamr753 Posts: 51
    Options
    Yep, in the same boat as you, almost word or word (except for the brother on the site)..... good luck this year!!!! That is what is great about this place, so much support is out there especially when you have a bad day!
  • cmreimer
    cmreimer Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it looks like we have a lot in common! Except for the fact that I've struggled with weight much longer than you. I do relate to the dramatic gain in the last couple years. That being said, I'm pretty familiar with cooking for a family keeping weight loss in mind, and would love to support you along the way. Please feel free to add me as a friend. You found a good place to begin.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I saw this quote earlier today

"Set goals not resolutions for the new year. Resolutions vanish with the first obstacle or setback" Pat Croce
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! We're all here to support you. You WILL lose the fat you want to lose! MFP is super easy to use. Just make sure to log everything you eat, so you can look back and see your progress. :) You can add me if you like! :*
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Start small. I suggest maybe only focus on logging your food for a week so you can better understand your current eating habits. Then, you can figure out how you can cut calories to make your goal. Then, maybe you could look at the meals that you currently prepare for your family (there is a recipe section that can help you calculate your calories for your own recipes) and you can determine where you can cut calories there. I know it seems overwhelming, but you will be amazed at how easy it really is. The important thing to remember is that the only deadlines that you have are the ones that you set for yourself so don't stress yourself about this any more than you need to to keep yourself motivated.
  • iksta
    iksta Posts: 8
    Options
    My brother was into MFP last 2 months and recommended to me. I was skeptical cos I have tried countless ways on losing weight. When he lost 22#.......

I joined about 2 days ago and lost 7#. It's more to how much intake of calories, really.
    When I looked back to the amount I eat in the past, I was speechless. Holy Smokes...no wonder I'm fat!!!
  • ang4shane
    ang4shane Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all the suggestions and advice. I am going to take the time and write down all the sites and ideas you guys have given me.

Thanks again!
    Angie