Gum WITH sugar???

Options
Anyone know of any brands of gum that actually have sugar in them still?

I can't have artificial sweeteners (my stomach HATES them) but a proper gum would really help me get through my sugar cravings without added cals and without much sugar...

Replies

• HealthyAcademic
    HealthyAcademic Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Do you have a Whole Foods near you? They have a few choices. Also I *think* Rainblo bubbly gum balls are also okay. I also don't do artificial sugar but I feel like every time I found a mainstream gum that's okay, it seems like the next time I go back the formula is changed and it's got them in it. I rarely chew gum though.
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    No Wholefoods I am afraid. It would do well in VT but we don't have that, Target, or Trader Joes haha.
  • kumamushi
    kumamushi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Dubble Bubble and Bazooka (the original ones) are the only two I've consistently found to have no fake sugars at all.

Dubble Bubble (Original):
    "dextrose, corn syrup, gum base, tapioca dextrin, titanium dioxide, confectioners glaze, carnauba wax, cornstarch, artificial flavors and colors"

Bazooka (Original):
    "Sugar , Gum Base , Corn Syrup , Natural & Artificial Flavors , Citric Acid , Red 40 Lake , Red 40 , BHT"

There's also Glee Gum but I'm allergic to the propolis in beeswax which makes my lips itch whenever I use stuff with beeswax in it.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm sure Amazon has a few to select from!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    What about natural gums that are sweetened with xylitol (good for oral health)? I chew those because I, too, HATE all the crappy artificial sweeteners that are in every single regular gum.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Bubbalicious?? hmmmmm I'd like to have some Bubbalicious!
  • BodyRockerVT
    BodyRockerVT Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Bazooka FTW! Thanks!
  • Sfeinman
    Sfeinman Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dentyne Fire and that Bubble Tape gum.

I'm allergic to aspartame so I have to look for all the gums without it....there are VERY few.
  • canadianmommsie
    canadianmommsie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you'd like a gum that has NATURAL sugar head to your local health food store and ask for a gum with Xylitol in it. Not only is it a natural sugar that comes from birch bark trees, it helps to reduce the acid in your mouth, thus friendlier on your tooth enamel. A good health food store will know exactly what your asking for. One brand is 'Spry' gum, it's really good and comes in a variety of flavours..mine is spearmint.

Also this gum is not full of wax, artificial crap and dyes.

Hope that helps :happy: