Jillian Michaels' New DVD

Options
Anyone get "Extreme Shed and Shred" yet? My copy is on its way from Amazon, and I'm dying to see the new ways she plans to kick our *kitten* now.

Replies

• Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for it as well. I am interested to see what's she's going to do to us!
  • stephanie1187
    Options
    i just tried level 1! gonna do level 2 later tonight! :)
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Pickles11
    Options
    I used this on Christmas Eve and I burned 254 calories and was very sore the next day. I'm usually not sore after Jillian workouts. I hated it at first because it uses some yoga moves that are hard, but I really got into it and it was nice that it is completely different than her usual workouts.
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused on how you know just how many calories you burn with a dvd. How did you know that you burned 254 calories doing that workout?
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused on how you know just how many calories you burn with a dvd. How did you know that you burned 254 calories doing that workout?

prob has a heart rate monitor. i wear mine when i do the videos. i'm doing jillians banish fat boost metabolism and burn around 500 for 50 minutes. really want her new video too, ill prob get it soon!
  • Pickles11
    Options
    Yes I have a heart rate monitor with a chest strap. I love it and it seems pretty accurate. It's always good to know how much I'm burning because I used to over estimate. Also I can figure out which dvds are more worth my time.
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    Its AMAZZING BOTH LEVELS:))))
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    omg i need that dvd! once i finish the 6 pack abs i will purchase
  • pamelapeldo
    pamelapeldo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I bought it and I love it! I like that the workouts are 45 minutes.. Let's just say I did a lot of grunting while doing it :-)
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    HEART MONITOR reply

Awesome, I don't know how I never had knowledge of this great device before. So how does a heart rate monitor tell you how many calories you are burning? Also, do you have any suggestions for a device for me to get? I noticed that a lot of watches popped up when I searched for one on Amazon, have you had any experience with a watch kind?
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 the other day I am starting the 30ds tomorrow but once I have done that I will be heading back to ESAS!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    Can't wait to check this DVD out!!! and on the Heart Rate Monitor a good one is about 80.00 and i have a polar that i love also you can try out the fitbie that i have been seeing on here.
  • Pickles11
    Options
    I have a hrm monitor that has a chest strap that constantly reads my hr and it shows up on my watch. At the end of my workout it tells me how many calories I burned. I had just a watch one once and hated it because I had to keep stopping to put my finger on it to get a reading and it didn't seem accurate.

The chest strap one works because you put in your information (age, sex, weight, etc) and based on that and your hr throughout the workout it calculates calories burned. I recommend any one with a chest strap. Mine is the pyle brand but many ppl like polar.
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have done level 1 and about half of level 2 so far and, don't tar and feather me, but, I LIKE it! I've NEVER used "like" and "Jillian" in the same sentence. I burned around 600 from the 45-50ish minutes I completed. It's got a lot of different, and fun, workouts. I foresee great results with this one!

If anyone is interested, a group of us are doing this as a challenge for about 6 weeks. Feel free to join us! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1001-the-hawt-candy-azzes

Enjoy the workout!