100+ pounds, UGH!

Options
My starting weight was 315lbs and I am getting super discouraged with over 100lbs left to go. I was just wondering if anyone out there wanted to become friends on here (haha, I sound super lame) and just be an encouragement to one another. None of my best friends understand what its like to be an overweight person, so I thought this website would be a nice way to meet people from all over dealing with similar issues. Thanks! =)

Replies

• tgnzmum
    tgnzmum Posts: 41
    Options
    Hi!! I just rejoined this group..and could use all the support I can get! We CAN do this!! Please feel free to add me!!
    Happy New Year!! =)
  • LenL
    LenL Posts: 17
    Options
    I need to lose at least 100lbs. So far I have lost 28lbs. Encouragement is a great motivator. Anyone wanting to add me,please do.
  • nenamartinez
    nenamartinez Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hey, I sent a friend request. I'm about the same age (25) and have about the same to lose (like 90 pounds). :D
  • LydiaVance
    LydiaVance Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey the fact that you are already making progress on your goal is great though! Doesn't it feel good to look at the ticker and see what a chunk it has moved? I am only starting out here, but I would love to add you. We all need a little motivation and support. Weight loss is hard. But, smile! Because you are a beautiful girl and you're making progress. :-)
  • SandyMilton
    Options
    I'm definitely in the same 100+ boat! Feel free to add me if you like (that goes for anyone!)
  • chicky89
    chicky89 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    sending request :)
  • Bella_Ragazza
    Bella_Ragazza Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just sent you all a friend request. Together we can do this! :flowerforyou:
  • iksta
    iksta Posts: 8
    Options
    My brother is trying to lose a little over 100lbs and he lost 22#....
    He told me that he would just go on trying to lose 30# first before going further cos once you reached to your first target goal, it gives you a boost to go on reaching the next 30#.
  • CeeJay0630
    Options
    Didn't sound lame at all....and do I also have a considerable amount to lose over 75 lbs....but just started a weight loss challenge with some friends that is totally inspiring me to get back on track. I started at 256 and in March of 2011 I was diagnosed type II diabetic and got busy...lost 59 pounds, but have been struggling to keep it going....but this challenge started today, and I am so excited. I would love to help out and motivate you and in turn motivate myself.

Hope to hear from you soon!!

CeeJay
  • MadeToCraveHIM
    MadeToCraveHIM Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Absolutely & girl you don't sound lame at all :) We all need help & that's whey we're all on MFP!
  • tssa
    tssa Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 315lbs and I am getting super discouraged with over 100lbs left to go. I was just wondering if anyone out there wanted to become friends on here (haha, I sound super lame) and just be an encouragement to one another. None of my best friends understand what its like to be an overweight person, so I thought this website would be a nice way to meet people from all over dealing with similar issues. Thanks! =)

We're in the same boat, girlie. Sometimes, I feel my friends don't understand my commitment to my Weight Loss Journey and that some things I used to do, I don't do anymore. Or simply, I feel they don't understand what its like to be in my shoes.

Feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck to you and keep your head up!
  • marniee14
    marniee14 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am 285 pounds, I have weighed over 200 pounds for 20 years.
    I am 5 foot 9, so the weight does not look as bad on me as on some.
    Being 38 I'm starting to feel aches and pains from this extra weight.
    I have lost about 30 pounds and 35 pounds on two occasions before.
    I have charted on livestrong.com and was able to eat well and do
    exercising for about three months a time.
    At that point I get very bored and give up.
    being January 1 of the new year I am ready to try this again.
    My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week doing exercise and eating better.
    I don't plan on eating perfectly but anything is better than when I have been eating.
    I have no problem choosing better foods last quantities and exercising,
    However what I lack is motivation to continue.
    This is where I feel that having friends online Will help me to continue and be motivated
    What I did not mention yet is, each time I've lost weight
    I've gained back the exact same amount +5 extra pounds.
    I could use a friend for guidance, support and more.
    I just hope that I could be a good friend to other people here to.
  • Bella_Ragazza
    Options

exercise.png
  • Bella_Ragazza
    Options

exercise.png
  • allermom
    Options
    my name is amanda nice to meet you. i'm struggling aswell. according to my bmi i'm obesse. it's a total drag. but we're on the right track. feel free to contact me anytime, to chat or just vent.