quick healthy desserts ?

Options
Lately ive been having sweet cravings and i was wondering - what do you guys eat to treat yourself but still keep it healthy ? Does anyone have any quick & easy healthy dessert recipes to try ?

Replies

• sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    no-added-sugar tinned peaches and custard : )
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com or hungry girl! :)

i like...
    weight watcher cones
    dark chocolate
    smart one sundaes
    skinny cow
  • isabellammm
    isabellammm Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to keep frozen bananas on hand, so whenever I want a healthy ice cream I just put it in the food processor. It has the exact texture as ice cream and is soo good. You can add whatever to it too..yesteday i put raisins and almond butter.. YUM <3
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Meringue and strawberries or any type of fruit. Sorbet. Yogurt
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    You can make yummy cake/cupcakes using a mix. Just use 3 egg whites instead of 2 eggs, and applesauce instead of oil!
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and nutella toast
  • tricia3368
    Options
    40 calorie fudgesicles are the best!!!!!!!! I allow myself to indulge with these low calorie snack as dessert nightly LOL
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like to keep frozen bananas on hand, so whenever I want a healthy ice cream I just put it in the food processor. It has the exact texture as ice cream and is soo good. You can add whatever to it too..yesteday i put raisins and almond butter.. YUM <3

I agree! I've been hoarding bananas in the freezer for this & it's delicious! I gave one to my daughter & she had no idea what it was & loved it :smile:
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    What is this desert thing people speak of? lol.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/black-bean-brownies/detail.aspx

black bean brownies, don't say gross, they are delicious.
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/most-popular/single-lady-cupcakes/

i made a cinnamon and pumpkin cupcake w/ choc chips 2 days ago... and topped it w/ delicious frosting made out of coconut shreds and half a banana. IT WAS SO GOOD. and only 82 calories!
  • tigersmama34
    Options
    I do a lot with sugar free puddings - I know they aren't a "health food" but they are a good alternative to junk. I make sugar free pudding mix with skim milk and put in popsicle molds for pudding pops. I like to mix butterscotch pudding mix, skim milk and 100% pumpkin (not pumpkin PIE filling - the actual can of real pumpkin 100%) and a little cinnamon and it's like a pumpkin pie without the crust and a big veggie. I often just make chocolate pudding but put a tablespoon of peanut butter in each cup for the kiddos and they love it, tastes like reeses pieces :)

I guess mostly pudding LOL.

I also like to bake or grill fruit - it really brings out the sweetness.

Or mix oatmeal with hot chocolate mix (sugar free) and banana and milk - yummy.

oatmeal can be made very sweet with apples and sugar free maple syrup (I do a real low calorie one - it's like 25 calories for 1/4 cup and I never use a full 1/4 cup).
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Love this sweet treat and it takes 2 seconds

Granola Thin Crispy Square with Chocolate
    Snack pack chocolate pudding (I use FF)
    Redi Whip

Granola Thin on the botton, layer Snack pack and top with 2 Tbsp of Redi Whip

Total cals - 185
  • wmagnant
    wmagnant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find most low cal dessert recipes just don't work for me, so if I really want a piece of dessert I'll eat a smaller portion. What I do find sometimes will fix a sweet craving is a hard candy( only about 25 cal)
    For a chocolate fix I like lindt excellence bars around 70% chocolate ones because they're so intense I only need a small amount

instant puddings are great and are around 120 cal/serving

starbucks minis are really good 190 cal
  • claire_xox
    claire_xox Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    sugar free jelly :) (jello) ( calories)

another fav is cutting an apple into little cubes, cover in ground cinnamon and microwaving (about 120 cals)

flavoured tea is also great , my current fav is honey camomile and vanilla, it's 4 calores a tea bag and i reuse the tbag 3 or 4 times :)
  • Asher213
    Options
    Fage fat free yoghurt with mixed berries
  • odettedancing
    odettedancing Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love squishing my strawberries with a fork and adding some sweetener! 49 Calories for 1 cup of strawberries halved.
    Love Nestle chocolate mouse 69 Calories per tub.
    Watermelon 90 Calories for 2 cups cubed!
    I have been loving these treats since i have started on MFP!
  • JulesofWinsto
    Options
    I actually found that Skinny Cow ice-cream has more calories than a paddle pop or frosty fruit. Frosty fruits are my go-to in summer. :) I still crave chocolate badly sometimes so Mint Patties are ok with 85cal or something like that.
  • MissMedusa
    Options
    I just made this one!

Quick Baked Apple Dessert

1 granny smith apple, cored, peeled & sliced
    Sprinkle Cinnamon
    1 teaspoon Splenda
    1 drop vanilla extract

Mix together in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, microwave 2 minutes. Stir.
    For crunch, I smash up one frosted mini wheat and sprinkle on top.
    If I have the calories to spare that day, I'll also add 2 tbsps fat-free whipped cream.

YUM!
  • nkziv
    nkziv Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-cheesecake/

I also love Tofutti Cuties. You can get those at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods. Might even have them at your regular grocery store--idk.