January Fitness Calendar???

Options
Hey everyone! I got this idea from watching Dr. Oz last week about making an appointment with myself to workout. I'm pretty good about working out...but I'm also EXTREMELY good about sabotaging myself after the fact. So I got to thinking...I love crossing off a To Do List and looking at everything I've achieved for the day...so why not use this Fitness Calendar for the same purpose? My idea is to not only use it for accountability but also as a record of achievement....maybe if I can see my hard work on paper, I won't be as apt to destroy my diligent efforts with eating that extra piece of pizza or guzzling a couple of beers after work. ???

Anyone else using a Fitness Calendar? And how is it working for you?

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I just started this last month. I made mine on google calendars. This way it syncs with my phone. I had added all my workout classes I want to attend so they show up on appointments. I also added my other work out things like videos and stuff. I feel worse if I have to delete them off because I didn't do them.

I love it. It keeps me accountable.
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I just scheduled all my workouts on my calendar. I'm hoping it will make it easier for my boyfriend and I to sync our schedules so we don't talk each other out of hitting the gym or running.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I have a general schedule that I follow, and sometimes a training schedule for running or FitOrbit, and I record everything in RunKeeper.

Pam
  • Mickie17
    Mickie17 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of doing the on-line calendar! I was thinking about doinig something like that too. Do you reward yourself if you do well that month, or do you find just seeing how well you did is reward enough?
  • AychDeeGee
    Options
    That's an amazing idea! My friend also made this calendar and I'm pretty certain i'm going to copy it!! http://96.30.61.228/~brandibp/2011/12/make-your-own-fitness-planner/
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i used mapmyrun dot com before i found mfp. great if you are wanting to track distances for running walking etc and have a calandar to see how you are progressing.
  • Mickie17
    Options
    That's an amazing idea! My friend also made this calendar and I'm pretty certain i'm going to copy it!! http://96.30.61.228/~brandibp/2011/12/make-your-own-fitness-planner/

Very cool! Very creative! (I'm such a simple girl...I just plugged mine into Microsoft Outlook Calendar...mine's a little boring to look at..so thank you for the idea)! :)
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Great idea!! As I was reading this post (and checked out the blog mentioned) I started brainstorming! I had found an idea on Pinterest to make a weight loss "Journey Journal" but after seeing the calendar idea, I might incorporate that as well! The Journey Journal will have an unlimited space to write feelings, pros, cons, temptations and VICTORIES in but I will also use a monthly/daily planner to write everything else in! I had purchased a planner last month to use for 2012, but then received another one as a Christmas gift. I am using the Christmas gift for my regular stuff now and had thought I'd toss the other one--but this idea will work perfectly for that planner! Yay!!

If I'm busy writing, I'm going to have less time to be snacking! I think this idea will be a GREAT tool!

Thanks so much for the tip! Wishing you all SUCCESS in 2012!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    This is a good idea! I am thinking about using this with a fitness bank. Every time I make a scheduled appointment $ gets added to the bank. at the end of the month I will use that money to buy something nice!
  • Mickie17
    Options
    I wish I would have done this fitness calendar years ago! I haven't missed a single workout, adn each day I give myself a "star" for completion...I just have it in me that I have to get that star each day!

I'm also working on my metabolism with my eating habits...the (trainer) Chris Powell way. I'm finally starting to see the scale decline in numbers...HOORAY!!!!

Anyone else having good luck with the fitness calendar???