Peanut butter junkies?

Options

Replies

• SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    Options
    :noway: I'm not picky about creamy/crunchy... I'll eat it all... ugh I really am a pb addict!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. I like to buy it when it's on sale or a reasonable price. I can eat peanut butter by itself.

not me!! i over pay!!
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i love justin's and maranatha's
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    We go through a couple of jars of peanutbutter a week in my house. I only buy Teddy old fashion unsalted the only ingredient is peanuts. For a sweet treat I mix 1 cup of that with 1 cup of powdered sugar, 1 egg and 1/3 cup of oats. roll into balls, flatten & bake @ 350 for about 10 mins. yummy peanut butter cookies.
  • itsmskimmichelle
    itsmskimmichelle Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Jif & PB2 [both flavors]! I use PB2 on bananas only.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I heard powdered PB was best! have not tried it yet though
  • kd412
    kd412 Posts: 5
    Options
    Love peanut butter too! Just don't eat it everyday and be sure to measure!
  • alexbowser
    Options
    Freeze it in daily allowances. I am a peanut butter junkie too, a 350gm jar will last a week if I am strong. To counter the weak will what I have decided to do, and have done for the first time is take a 350gm jar of lite smooth Eta Peanut butter, when at home teaspoon it out on to grease proof paper or baking paper spoonful by 10 gm aprox spoonful freeze it on a tray. This morning I took out my first allownece and will have it as a dressing for fried tofu and salad greens with half a sweet potato done in the microwave and cubed.

I love this idea.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Trader Joe's almond butter with flax seeds, sometimes I will have one tablespoon (measured out only 100 calories!) on either a banana or mini-whole wheat pita as a breakfast/snack. LOVE it--I have to eat it on my way out the house so I don't eat too much! Even when I overeat it, the most I will have is 2 servings, which is 400 calories, it's hard to eat more than that.
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love Wegmans organic peanut butter, ground with Peanut skins included. It has a strong roasted peanut taste and not very sweet.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    uhm... hello! im athena and im an addict!\
    lol
    i havent touched it since i started and miss it like craze!!!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    My wife will buy either Teddy All Natural Smooth or Chunky Style and Skippy makes an All Natural one as well.
  • axnesshj
    axnesshj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm with you...I cannot have peanut butter!! I love it!!! I just don't understand people who smear like a miniscule amount on bread, my pb&j has an inch of the stuff. So I stay away...If I have a craving I have to go to the store and buy a reese's peanut butter cup..and sometimes (very rarely) I indulge in the Potbelly PB&J (heaven on bread). good luck with your quest I have never found a healthy alternative that satisfies my craving!
  • daisynsunshine
    Options
    pb2
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    One way to make Peanut butter healthy is to buy unsweetened peanut butter and add a lol shave nectar to it. It tastes awesome without all the sugar....
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I like Simply Jiff. I used to be a skippy only girl till I found this.
  • livluv9
    livluv9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We have a store near us that just grinds the peanuts right there for you (Kinda like Whole Foods) and they don't add anything...At first I couldn't stand it because I was so used to the processed stuff with all the added sugar...But now I absolutely love it and eat about two Tablespoons a day with an apple...Great way to get protein and a little fat as well :)
  • bigwill5
    bigwill5 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I read this tag line and just laughed. I eat Jif peanut butter nearly every day. I love the stuff and it is a great way to boost calories on days that I fall short. I have been trying to cut back but I just have to have my fix. I'm hooked, a veritable peanut butter crackhead!! LOL
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods " Honey Roasted Peanut Butter " ... It's fresh, natural and you grind it yourself ! Sooooooo YUMMY ! :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Add a teaspoon or two to vanilla yogurt... just saying, it's good!