What's YOUR goal for this year?

Options
How will you define success this new year? Clothes falling off? Number on a scale? Finishing a 5/10k?
I'm looking forward to the day when I go to put my old pants on, I button them, let go, and they fall right off! :)
Getting below 180 by the summer would be huge too!

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to re-commit myself to losing the last 10-15 pounds I want to lose (weight I had gained back after initially losing over 70 pounds). I decided to just enjoy myself through the holidays -- not such a good choice on my part. I didn't do much walking (except on a couple of days with exceptional weather), and have pretty much eaten anything I have wanted to and not done a great job of logging. I have a couple of days yet before my daughter heads back to college.....but then, it is back to much healthier eating and getting on my treadmill no matter what!

I'm also 'toying' with the idea of entering a 5K and doing the Couch to 5K program. I'd have to do that on my treadmill, and I"m not sure if my knees and ankles can handle the pounding from running. I ended up with terrible shin splints from my treadmill shortly after buying it -- even so much as to have to have surgery on my right leg -- so don't want to do something like that again.

Recommitment!!!! That is my goal for 2012!!!
    Kaye
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Running a 5k/10k...

Being under 180lbs!
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    My goals are:

Reach my goal weight by Dec 31 2012 (I'm giving myself a year so I can do it right)
    Run a half marathon (I'm working on a 10k at the moment)
    Learn what I need to do to maintain once I reach my goal.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Mine is simple: to reach 17% body fat & finally see my six-pack abs that is long been hiding under layers of fat. I would appreciate it much if they will show up before March, the start of summer season here where I am.
  • dancingincircles84
    Options
    I want to beat my friend in a triathlon this May. I've never been a great runner (even though I did x-country for 2 years in high school) so it's going to be a lot of hard work.
  • lymasc
    lymasc Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want to lose at least 40kg and be able to squat and not hurt my thighs and knees, in my work i need to do this and at the moment I can only do a semi squat which sometimes isnt good..
  • swilkie1961
    swilkie1961 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Get to my goal weight of 125lb, and get 2 triathlon done with better time than 2010...
  • AliciaBeth78
    AliciaBeth78 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just uploaded a pic of my goal... unfortunately I have NO idea how to put the pic on the boards :(
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I have three main goals: recover from my eating disorder, be happier, and get to 137 and be content.
  • TurtleCrush
    Options
    1.To tone up and get fit to go for a run when my brother gets back from overseas.
    2. Fit into a size 18 or 100 pounds by the end of the year
  • margiemommy
    margiemommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    my goal is to lose 45-50lbs before christmas 2012 which will get me with in 10-15 lbs of my real goal

good luck everyone:flowerforyou:
  • amberrrrh
    amberrrrh Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My goal for this year is to be 50 pounds lighter on December 31st, 2012. :)
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    15-20 last lbs to lose.
    log another 1000 miles (or more) for the year.
    PR a few races.
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    tone tone tone :smile:
  • winslow44238
    Options
    I just want my bloodwork to come back wonderfully healthy. So far I'm getting there, but it gets tough...especailly when everything tastes and looks so amazing through the holidays.
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Run a 5k this spring. reach my goal weight by my birthday( in Dec) this year.:smile:
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Improve my health to the point where I can cut down or cut out some meds and to make my doctor happy.
  • xMarisaJeanx
    xMarisaJeanx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hoping to do some races this year! at least one more 5 or 10 k and a half marathon!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    My goals are to reach/surpass my goal weight of 150 lbs, look great in a bikini, and do more strength/weight training!
  • dictations
    Options
    My goals:

- Weight 98-100 lbs.
    - Keep the weight off/
    - Get toned after losing the weight (if I decide I don't wanna be bony and delicate.)
    - Be able to wear crop tops and skinny jeans without feeling self conscious about how big my thighs are, or the layer of fat on my stomach.