The media is against us!

Options
kimclaws
kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
Its hard to lose weight and stay in shape these days with ll the fast food and technology, and for the most part I think people are trying to be more health conscious, however there are still some companies who want us to sit on our *kitten* and get fatter. Watching tv for the first time in weeks I came across this commercial for " forever Lazy" let me know what you guys think about this. I thought it was utter nonsense, and hoped it was not real but i think it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDs1rMzn5ew

Replies

• mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with comfy clothes, I don't think the company is saying sit around and do nothing, they just want to sell their fleece.

I for one really dig my footie jammies for their warmth and comfort and awesome penguin feet, though I wouldn't wear them to a football game, they make me happy, they don't make me fat or lazy.

I'd be much more skeptical about the intentions of this product...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aUFZL9R04Y
    :blushing:
  • kimclaws
    kimclaws Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    well i posted the wrong link , the tv commercial i saw earlier say multiple times " just lie around" - "be comfortable and get forever lazy!" -

And I have seen the 3 min legs! it is hilarious!!1 lol almost as funny as the shake weight!
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Just because something is advertised doesn't mean that you have to succumb to it.
  • justanotherbrickinthewall
    Options
    I've seen that commercial before, it does sort of act like laziness is okay. Just because it's in the commercial though, doesn't mean you have to be lazy.
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    I was more disturbed by the fact that they want adults to wear garments with butt flaps ... and use them. Gross!
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I want one of those to sleep in during winter
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Its hard to lose weight and stay in shape these days with ll the fast food and technology, and for the most part I think people are trying to be more health conscious, however there are still some companies who want us to sit on our *kitten* and get fatter. Watching tv for the first time in weeks I came across this commercial for " forever Lazy" let me know what you guys think about this. I thought it was utter nonsense, and hoped it was not real but i think it is.

Are we slaves to TV? Who cares what the media promotes.

I ignore it all and just do what I want. Life can be very simple when you tune out the tomfoolery.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Personal responsibility is the key.
  • SarahAbear
    Options
    I was more disturbed by the fact that they want adults to wear garments with butt flaps ... and use them. Gross!

lmao. exactly.
  • Bigmomma0u812
    Options
    I too thought that commercial was a joke. I almost died when they showed the zipper for quick bathroom trips. So funny! I agree with Jane.. Butt flaps for adults is just too much.
  • iksta
    iksta Posts: 8
    Options
    Never really paid attention on how the media view me.
    I just focus on what I want to achieve and all.
    All those its just someone trying to sell their product.

And the machine is plain hilarious.
  • kellyjamespro
    kellyjamespro Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    hillarious ...I wont be wearing one to a tailgate party any time soon..
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    why you hating on butt flaps and shake weights, those are two of the most important inventions to all of mankind.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

They are too difficult to use anyways. It is easier to just unzip it all and sit in the cold for a few minutes :tongue:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA I can't believe they're trying to encourage people to wear that in PUBLIC!! :laugh:
  • winter_vixen
    winter_vixen Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Something like that is okay for at home - it's very much like the onesies or one piece pyjamas kids wear! I would never wear that out, it would definitely only be for at home. :tongue:

I think that while they seem to say being lazy is okay, it's up to the viewer as to how they interpret that message. Lazyness is okay in moderation - you can have a day to relax. It just can't be every day! :laugh:
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA I can't believe they're trying to encourage people to wear that in PUBLIC!! :laugh:

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options

Are we slaves to TV? Who cares what the media promotes.

I ignore it all and just do what I want. Life can be very simple when you tune out the tomfoolery.

ITA, but a lot of America (at least) is not this way and doesn't think this way. So people are eating crap food, sitting on their couches in their forever lazy. Obesity rates are high. Some people are easily influenced by what they see on tv.
  • JaneDoughSanAntonio
    Options
    why you hating on butt flaps and shake weights, those are two of the most important inventions to all of mankind.

LMAO