Newbie Here Looking to Slim Down For her Wedding

Options
*waves* Luckily I've got almost two years. We're having a long engagement. My Maid of Honor and I are going to the gym together and dieting as well. I'm loving the app so far. It helps when I have to grab food from work. I was never good at counting calories on my own.

Replies

• Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    Good luck and congrats on your engagement.

this is surely a nice place to be at.

it's also very nice to have some company (ur maid of honour) as well... y'all can push each other

Add me up if u'd like
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    *waves* Luckily I've got almost two years. We're having a long engagement. My Maid of Honor and I are going to the gym together and dieting as well. I'm loving the app so far. It helps when I have to grab food from work. I was never good at counting calories on my own.
    2 years is good as is a whole life to apply the principles of healthy living.
    Welcome!
  • Congratulations! that is a goal worth working hard for. Keep that in your mind and you will reach it, for your perfect day. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • 2myfuture
    2myfuture Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am hosting a biggest loser challenge if you and your Maid of Honor are interested in joining. Just a way to us all motivated. Let me know!!! Laura
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am looking to make several changes in my life. I shouldn't let myself sit and rot and be unhappy when I have so many good things going on in my life. Building new and healthier habits may be hard but I really think I can do it if I just stick with it.
  • fudie
    fudie Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    thats great motivation!!! last year my motivation was to wear shorts for my first trip to disney! and with mfp i did it!!!! i hated shorts and would never wear them but i did and i was happy!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Good Luck, & Congratulations!!!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    just start by logging exactly what you eat... it puts your intake into PERSPECTIVE! :noway:

Acquire a small digital kitchen scale and measuring cups... that also shows u portion size and so on.

you'll get into the groove in no time.
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    just start by logging exactly what you eat... it puts your intake into PERSPECTIVE! :noway:

Acquire a small digital kitchen scale and measuring cups... that also shows u portion size and so on.

you'll get into the groove in no time.
    Yeah, I think the biggest thing is I have to stop eating when I'm bored. I've taken up knitting and crochet, which is actually helping with that. I'll work on making something while I watch TV rather than sit down with a big bowl full of something fattening.
  • missbethea
    missbethea Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    *waves* Maid of Honor here :)

We're going to do a bangin job, I can tell!

And best of all soon we'll have a lot of friends to push us, too. Jose is going to start going to the gym, Tia is going, Whitney is going to go--- wow!
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    *waves* Maid of Honor here :)

We're going to do a bangin job, I can tell!

And best of all soon we'll have a lot of friends to push us, too. Jose is going to start going to the gym, Tia is going, Whitney is going to go--- wow!
    Good grief, we gonna get the whole gang in on this?
  • strawberry123187
    Options
    Im working on slimming down for my wedding as well but I don't have as long to do it in. Support is always great and finding fun ways to work out during your day. Feel free to add me, i'm still pretty new on here too and just starting out with exercising added to the eating changes
  • mquickel
    mquickel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am also getting married soon! We are getting married in Oct. and we have a 2 yr engagement. It is FLYING by! We can all keep each other accountable:)
  • DLDzioba
    Options
    That works for me!
  • ee524
    ee524 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just got engaged in November, but we are getting married in August! We are actually working out together 2-3 times per week in addition to what I am doing on my own.

Congratulations on your engagement!
  • strawberry123187
    Options
    My weddings in October too lol, our engagements only about a year and a half though, we were impatient :)