Warrior Dash

Options
Has anyone who is "new"ish to fitness done a Warrior Dash? How is it?

Replies

• danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for my first Warrior Dash in June!! I am very excited as it sounds incredibly fun! I know I will come out muddy and wet but am doing it with some girl friends and am looking forward to it! I know for mine some of the obstacles include a wall climb (with a rope), crawling under barbed wire, jumping over fire, etc. Sounds just crazy enough to be fun!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I volunteered at Warrior Dash last year (I checked IDs for the free beer after the race, haha), and it looked INTENSE. Not sure I'd be able to do it. Everyone came out incredibly muddy and disgusting and I even saw a part where you have to jump over fire. Part of me thinks it would be fun but part of me thinks I literally wouldn't survive! Haha.
  • fishercarrie
    Options
    Thanks ladies, It does look intense!!! And the mud :) but it would be a huge accomplishment. I'm a little nervous but my hubby wants to do it with a group of friends.
  • pollysmom
    Options
    Warrior Dash is one of my goals this year! Ours is in June I think. My friends think I'm crazy but I think it looks like fun! One friend is doing it with me and we're trying to talk another into it!
  • bethie0828
    bethie0828 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I looked into ours today, which happens to be in September. I have friends back home that do it every year! I might sign up in June...
  • emoflosser
    emoflosser Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's very intense, but doable. I did my first one in '11 and I will definitely do another one. I didn't do it for time, I did it just to finish. The obstacles are tough and the course that I did was basically 3 miles of straight up hill trail running. I got bruised, banged up, and very sore, but I was so proud to complete it.
  • Brookeabs
    Options
    My fiance (now husband) and I did our first Warrior Dash in October, dressed as a bride and groom. We didn't do it for time and had a few bumps, bruises, and scratches, but it was SO much fun! Just sign up, be in the best shape you can be on that day, and enjoy! I was a bit anxious, but when I was surrounded by people drinking beer in the starting corral I realized that it really isn't a fierce competition. Most people just view it as a fun, active day!
  • sarahlynn82
    Options
    I did Warrior Dash last year and already signed up for this year. I was not in the best shape nor am I now. I had to walk most of it, but it was SO MUCH FUN. After all the obstacles and crossing that finish line I was very proud. I went with a friend who was able to run the whole thing, I told her to go ahead of me. I was very nervous about doing it, but everyone was so nice and we were all helping each other up the "mud hill". Go for it, you'd be surprised what you can really do.
  • fishercarrie
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback.I am pysched and registered.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    All your posts have inspired me to do this! I just looked into it , and we have a Warrior Dash in Indiana in August. I'm psyched! It looks like so much fun, and a great goal to work towards!
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    www.toughmudder.com
  • LMHinson15
    LMHinson15 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my first 5k in 3 weeks, then my next goal is the Warrior Dash. (and I've VERY new to fitness).

Thanks for asking this question!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    There's even a Warrior Dash group!
    Check it out.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/34-warrior-dash
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I can't do that one here because of the timing, but I'm doing a similar one: http://www.survivormudrun.com/

Can't wait!!! Anyone else?
  • Supersono99
    Supersono99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I did WD FL last January and I'll be doing it again in a few weeks. Very fun and doable by anyone. You can walk the entire thing if you want. I was sore afterwards from the obstacles, especially the climbing. It s a total blast and not meant for competition, unless you mean the costume contest.
  • TarattThomas
    TarattThomas Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    ANyone in Ohio doing the warrior dash? I'm excited to go! :)