Your Favorite Healthy Wraps?

Options
namenumber
namenumber Posts: 167 Member
Hi everyone! I love wraps, but I feel like I don't have a ton of variety (I tend to be a ham and Swiss girl). So, I figured I would ask--do you have a favorite healthy or low-calorie wrap? I'll get it started:

Turkey Guacamole Wrap (I had this at a restaurant a while ago, and it was really good! The calorie count depends on how much you put on it--the restaurant's was 447 calories.)

Tortilla shell
Guacamole
Turkey
Chopped tomatoes
Chopped red onions
Fresh greens

Simple, but delicious! I always look for things that don't take long to prepare or don't require a ton of ingredients.

Feel free to share if you have a favorite!

Replies

• wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I use Joseph's pita bread or Flatout light. I usually use leftover baked chicken, tomatoes, lettuce, onion and Frank's hot sauce for a buffalo chicken wrap. With either of the breads listed and 1.5 - 2.0 oz chicken, it is under 150 cals and about 10 carbs.
  • IHeartNewMe
    IHeartNewMe Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I love Joseph's Pitas..

I hadn't had a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich for so long. I finally made one using the La Tortilla Factory, Low Carb, High Fiber Wheat Wrap with PB2 and Polaner's All Fruit, No Sugar, w/Fiber, Seedless Blackberry Preserves. That was the most delicious PB & J I've had in a long time. Now, I use Smart Balance PB. This is a delicious snack for sweet toothers.
  • xMarisaJeanx
    xMarisaJeanx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like the flatout light artisan foldover wraps with hummus, tomatoes, and baby spinach. I also like tuna with tomatoes and baby spinach as well.
  • jbiancad
    jbiancad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love wraps but I never make them I like pitas a lot too. I normally make mine with turkey, avacado, cheese grilled eggplant and zucchini and tomato and tabasco sauce.
  • kellyc3
    kellyc3 Posts: 95
    Options
    Bump
  • SaddyPants
    SaddyPants Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I love Joseph's Pitas..

I hadn't had a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich for so long. I finally made one using the La Tortilla Factory, Low Carb, High Fiber Wheat Wrap with PB2 and Polaner's All Fruit, No Sugar, w/Fiber, Seedless Blackberry Preserves. That was the most delicious PB & J I've had in a long time. Now, I use Smart Balance PB. This is a delicious snack for sweet toothers.

I love to do this and cut it up like "sushi". It makes me feel fancier. lol
  • mommamindi
    Options
    That wrap sounds amazing...I love avocado though lol.
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ohkaity
    ohkaity Posts: 18
    Options
    My favorite is just cucumber (lightly seasoned with salt and pepper) with Rondele light garlic/herb or garden vegetable spread on a spinach tortilla. It's mild and creamy, easy, and it reminds me of tzatziki. When I'm feeling ambitious I add a little lettuce and some colorful bell peppers.

It's actually what I'm eating while I write this, but because I lack wraps today I've got it on whole wheat potato bread.
  • TrimThinTonedTight
    TrimThinTonedTight Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My number one fav:

-Whole wheat tortilla
    -Spicy mustard
    -Fat free sharp cheddar cheese (just a little shredded)
    -Lettuce
    -Cucumber
    -Tomato
    -Bell pepper
    -Carrots (Thinly sliced)
    -Turkey breast or chicken breast
    -Dried cranberries
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    This is a favorite in my family:

Red pepper and Portabella Mushroom Wraps

1. Sautee red peppers and portabella mushrooms in a little olive oil or broth

2. Spread a thin layer of pesto on a burrito size tortilla. Then spread a thin layer of Light Garlic and Herb Cheese Spread on the tortilla.

3. Add the sauteed red peppers/portabellas

4. Top with fresh spinach/spring mix and roll up
  • namenumber
    namenumber Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for all the ideas! My lunches are about to get a lot more interesting!
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    In a flatout flatbread...

- hummus
    - cucumber
    - tomato
    - baby spinach
    - sprouts

It would probably be good with turkey too, but I've never tried it.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    bump
  • curiositycat
    curiositycat Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I eat 40-30-30 at every meal, and my weekday lunch is always a wrap:

1) La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious 100-calorie Multigrain Wrap made with EVOO (the amount of fiber in these is astounding!)
    2) 3 oz. of organic grilled chicken breast (I always have some in the frig ready to go--I make it on the stove in my grill pan sprinkled with some lemon pepper)
    3) 1 oz. of 2% monterey jack cheese
    4) 1 cup of organic spinach
    5) 1 oz. of slice organic cucumber
    6) 1 oz. of organic sliced red pepper

On the side I have some organic gala apple and four large black olives for a 40-30-30 lunch that comes in around 380 calories or so.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    i use the whole wheat lavash at trader joe's.

hummus, spinach, turkey, feta.

if i have it a little fig spread is yummy.
  • amatrey17
    Options
    I love spinach or tomato basil wraps with grilled chicken, lettuce, tomato and cheese.... and a little honey mustard!
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    I'm bumping on this I need new ideas go goos lunches to take.
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I use the Fiber One wraps. I believe they are 80 calories per wrap. It varies on what type of wrap I make so I'm not very helpful with any recipes.
  • RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Of course a caesar chicken wrap with lots of cheese is my favorite but you asked for healthy lol.

Mission spinach tortila
    oven roasted deli turkey (or good ground turkey)
    provolone
    lettuce
    spinach
    cucumbers
    poppyseed dressing

I think it's around 300 calories