P90x question

Options
I have seen alot of people talking about p90x. I read about the system online and it sounds awesome. Is the only cost the cds? Or are there recurring costs associated with the program?

Replies

• mschooley
    mschooley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have seen alot of people talking about p90x. I read about the system online and it sounds awesome. Is the only cost the cds? Or are there recurring costs associated with the program?
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    All you really need are the DVD's, a pullup bar and resistance bands or dumbbells (preferably dumbbells). Of course you will want to buy the food that goes with it that could include supplements like protein powder.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    There's only ongoing fees, if you want to be a member of the teambeachbody.com site. The message boards however are free.
  • rochellecoach
    Options
    You can just buy the program and use their online support system for free. Much more too.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    That's the thing about the P90x...not only is it expensive buying all those dvds, but they also want you to buy their food, help, etc.

I can't afford that. Even though I would love to have it.

Running is way cheaper, lol.
  • RachVR6
    Options
    That's the thing about the P90x...not only is it expensive buying all those dvds, but they also want you to buy their food, help, etc.

The program is great though! No lie! I don't buy any of the products or anything because I feel like I can get the same thing at a local Vitamin World or something. I agree that it's super expensive though. You can get just the dvd's on amazon for 50 or 60 bucks I think, and someone on here, like myself could email you the schedule and everything. :flowerforyou:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    well my results have been from here mfp and my floor till oct 31 08 then joined ymca . and im still looking for tv like results from someone doing p90x thats around 40 and has to lose 45 + lbs
  • RachVR6
    Options
    On and another thing...:laugh:

To be a member of teambeachbody, is only $40 every 3months, I think. I love their WOWY thing, which is where you log in while you're working out and you can see who else is working out with you. You can also get meal plans and be set up with a coach, etc. I look at it like, it's costing me under $14 a month to be a member.....and I can easily spend that much with 2 trips to fast food in a month. :laugh:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    well my results have been from here mfp and my floor till oct 31 08 then joined ymca . and im still looking for tv like results from someone doing p90x thats around 40 and has to lose 45 + lbs

Go to forums.beachbody.com. You can browse the message boards and see all kinds of pictures people post of themselves right from home. It's really inspirational!!! :flowerforyou:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options

The program is great though! No lie! I don't buy any of the products or anything because I feel like I can get the same thing at a local Vitamin World or something. I agree that it's super expensive though. You can get just the dvd's on amazon for 50 or 60 bucks I think, and someone on here, like myself could email you the schedule and everything. :flowerforyou:

Lol, Rach, if I ever get P90X (which I would only get the dvd or my husband will lose it), I'll take you up on that offer :laugh: :wink:

Eriny, whatever your doing is certianly working! Were you talking about me??? Hmmm, I'm over 40 and have 45+ pounds to lose LOL, yep, don't know if I could get the tv like results, either.
  • BR1986FB
    Options

Go to forums.beachbody.com. You can browse the message boards and see all kinds of pictures people post of themselves right from home. It's really inspirational!!! :flowerforyou:

Exactly. I know a bunch of people who use MFP to input their foods but don't post on this message board. They have had great results. One of the guys I talk to on a regular basis has dropped about 70 lbs and is shredded.
  • mschooley
    Options
    I was able to find the dvds for alot cheaper online but didn't want to get into anything that would continue costing money...
  • kimgibbons
    kimgibbons Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    P90X is an amazing program and totally worth the cost. I gurantee if you actually follow the program for 90 days (including the nutrition guide...which is just regular food you buy at the grocery store) you will surpass any goals you have for yourself. In my opinion it is worth it...especially if you add up all the money you have probably spent so far trying to loose weight/get fit. My husband and I are both doing the program and have had awesome results! Good luck to you!!!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    I was able to find the dvds for alot cheaper online but didn't want to get into anything that would continue costing money...

It won't. Once you buy the dvds and have the necessary equipment, that's all you need. If you buy them and need the schedule just shoot me a message. :flowerforyou:
  • mschooley
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!! Thanks...I might wait until I start running 3+ miles...The program sounds like I need to get into better shape before starting..
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Beachbody doesn't sell food, hehe. You have to buy your own food wherever you normally get it. It's just going to be different than what you are eating now which is why people mention it.

Following your current diet plan costs money too.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    br1968 i dont mean it that way i know results come from mfp . i just want to know if p90x gives someone whos 40ish n 40+ lbs over tv like results. not a 20s n fit doing p90x and seeing there results
  • BR1986FB
    Options
    eriny....you've done a fine job whittling the bodyfat off of your body.

I GUARANTEE you that with the shape you are in NOW, if you did P90X you would get your body into ridiculous shape. The reason I'm saying this is that you'd be starting at a good fitness "base" after dropping 50 lbs.

Believe me, I've trained competitive bodybuilders, powerlifters, athletes and was a pro wrestler for 7 years myself and I've NEVER been through a program like this. I've done Body for Life, various strength training including Mike Mentzer's Heavy Duty and a few Eastern Bloc/Bulgarian strength routines and Tony Horton has zeroed in on something here.

You'll get my pictures soon. I'm 41 years old myself and I'm not BSing you. Am I in the shape that the people on the infomercial are? No, but most of those people weren't as out of shape as I was when I started either. It may take a year before I get into that type of shape but I WILL get there.

Go to Beachbody.com and scroll down the P90X threads. There are numerous success stories of folks over 40 that DO get into "infomercial shape." Heck, one of the guys who posts on my coaches thread is in that kind of shape and I believe he's 65 years old.