Nutrition and Casseroles

Options
I frequently make casseoles but am not sure how to calculate the nutritional value and the serving sizes - can anyone help me with this? Maybe there is a calculator for this somewhere out there?

Replies

• dzerbato
    dzerbato Posts: 4
    Options
    I frequently make casseoles but am not sure how to calculate the nutritional value and the serving sizes - can anyone help me with this? Maybe there is a calculator for this somewhere out there?
  • crystal3000
    crystal3000 Posts: 33
    Options
    I used to pay attention to all of the calories of the ingredients that I put in the casserrole. Thats gives me a good sense of how many calories the whole casserole is. Then I just base my servings by the total. It won't be super accurate but pretty close. There might be a calcuator out there somewhere but Im not sure where. I hope this helps a little...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I only count calories, so I add the calories for everything in the dish, decide how many servings I will divide the casserole into, then do the math. You can manually enter personalized foods into the database. There is a recipe calculator over at www.sparkpeople.com, I think. I don't use it personally, so I don't have a link directly there.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    do a search on the web - there's a spark recipe calculator that you enter in all your ingredients then tell it serving size and wahlah-there you have it exactly
  • IUChelle423
    IUChelle423 Posts: 197
    Options
  • dzerbato
    Options
    Thank you very much for your time and support! Donna
  • dzerbato
    Options
    Thank you very much!