My iphone brought me here :)

Options
I'm hoping that this website along with its app will help me keep track of my food and workouts. So far I love it :)

I'm 26 and need some weight (ok maybe a lot of weight) to lose. I have I'm hopeful 2012 will be a healthy year for me. My long time goal will be to lose 50lbs.

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just never quit!
  • sarahlouise1978
    sarahlouise1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My iPhone brought me here too- around 4 months ago and it has been a revelation for me!

I have never managed to stick to anything until I found Myfitnesspal but this is so easy and so motivating that I am nearly at my goal in only a short amount of time! I now weigh what I did when I was 18 years old and loving it!

Keep going- 2012 will be tha year of change for you! x
  • Roblyssa
    Roblyssa Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm hoping that this website along with its app will help me keep track of my food and workouts. So far I love it :)

I'm 26 and need some weight (ok maybe a lot of weight) to lose. I have I'm hopeful 2012 will be a healthy year for me. My long time goal will be to lose 50lbs.

I also found this site scanning my iPhone for a calorie counter and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! The app is so easy to use and I show everyone I know!! I also have 50lbs to lose, so all the best with it. You can add me as a friend if you woulf like some support!

Kellie
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    My I Phone too brought me here, its just great. I love the support you can give to fellow MFP's on their road to success, and of course the support you recieve also is priceless.
  • jenlarkin300384
    jenlarkin300384 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I also downloaded this app onto my iphone four months ago and its honestly the best thing ever. I really don't know how I'd get on now with trying to loose weight without this tool. x
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else on this thread, pretty much, my IPhone brought me here in early November 2011 and I haven't looked back since. :smile:
  • shivaslives
    shivaslives Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You'll find all the tools and support you need to make your weight loss happen. All you have to supply is the effort and accountability. You can do this. Oh, BTW, my Android phone brought me here.

9114468.png
  • paramedicsarah
    Options
    I downloaded the Android app to my new tablet just 2 days ago. Going to search it out for my iPhone too so I can add things whilst I'm at work or out and about. Not got much weight to lose really but I work shifts so want a healthier lifestyle!
  • Jcollins1980
    Options
    My android found this when I looked for diet apps. Also someone from one of my google+ circles had "plussed" it. That was kind of a deciding factor for me.
  • pope369
    pope369 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found this app! I stumbled on it looking for a way to keep my food diary in some kind of electronic format (having been keeping it on paper for a few weeks). What I like the most is that you can still get to the full website (with forums) from your iPhone, unlike another site [FB] that limits you to the mobile site on your device, MFP let's you choose. The mobile app is quicker for logging food and recording weigh-ins. Enjoy!
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Same here. I had the app on my old blackberry and just used it for logging and eventually got bored.

Then I got my iPhone and realized the social and motivational aspect and been hooked ever since.

So much that I deactivated my Facebook lol
  • kms1811
    Options
    WELCOME, I am just returning back today after being gone for a few months. Now I have to reloose the added weight and them some. :(
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    My old iPod touch brought me here too. :) You'll love it.

Add me if you'd like some extra support! :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I got turned on to mfp the same day I bought my phone.. by a nutritionist at md's office. massively happy about it cos it's still a game.. LOVE IT>
  • whysocereal
    Options
    Man, thanks for the replies! I LOVE LOVE THIS SITE and the app too ofcourse. Ha, who needs FB when theres a site like this right? -.O

btw, Id love to be part of your support system so add me if you'd like! :)
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hiya!
    My iPhone brought me here too on Boxing Day!
    Yesterday was my first real day of tracking and trying to be 'good'
    I feel so motivated knowing I have support and inspiration at my fingertips :)

Good Luck to everyone, let's make 2012 LIFE changing!!
  • prettyash76
    Options
    I love the iphone app
  • katonaroof
    katonaroof Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    hi - my iphone brought me here exactly a week ago - the holidays had been terrible on my weight & so i was looking for a way to be more aware of what i was putting in my body & found this! i love it - i find the app easier than website; however i just jumped on the website for the first time yesterday & was bummed that there was a BL challenge - would've loved to have gotten into that. oh well... i am going to release 50 pounds this year so i'm guessing i'll be here for a while. although i've already dropped 4 pounds just by logging what i was putting in my mouth - funny how i get so less likely to eat junk when i know i'm going to record it & see exactly what those calories are going to cost me! :0) have fun & good luck!
  • shannashannabobana
    shannashannabobana Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Same boat, but here via android! Lost 40 pounds a couple years ago and then plateau'd and now I'm up 5 or so and want to get back down and keep going! Would love to try the 'friends' part :)