My Time to Shine!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm Katie and new to the site. I have a lot to lose, 200+ to be exact. After trying every diet in the book with little to no success, I finally discovered I have hypothyroidism and am insulin resistant. Those two combined and little success in the diet and exercise area has made my self confidence and motivation to lose very small. I am looking for a few friendly people to help support and motivate me because I know I can do this. 2012 is my year to shine. I am also trying to balance going to school full-time and taking care of my two and a half year old step-son who is my world which means I have little time for complicated meals or what not. In fact, one reason I want to lose weight is so my husband and I can give our little monster a sibling! :)

So with that said, hello! Also, I am very shy and self conscious when it comes to my weight so just posting this is a huge step for me. Another huge step is my blog I have posted so I am slowly making strides towards the positive!! Anyone else out there that has a lot to lose?

Replies

• skatermom503
    Options
    Don't be self conscious, Katie. This is a great place to find support. I started out at 395# and am down to under 200 (yay) now. Half through diet and half after a gastric bypass. I am a lot older than you (58) but I am a pretty good cheerleader. Don't be shy. You can do this. You'll hit rough patches and fall down but get right back up and keep going. Never beat yourself up for mistakes in your diet. Be strong and patient and you will get where you want to be.
    All the best to you!
  • losing4kt
    losing4kt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awww, thanks! :) That makes me a little more confident and glad I joined this site. I think my lack of confidence at times comes from not having anyone around me that knows where I am coming from weight wise and if they did I'd never talk about it. I am a pretty confident person from the outside but on the inside I'm far from it at times. I'm just good at faking it til I make it! ;) Thanks for the boost of confidence!
  • ilonaveen
    Options
    Hi Katie! Good luck on your weight loss. I know it can be hard to lose weight. I've been there and done that. Over the years I've lost some and gained some. Now still got another 38 pounds to lose. Wanna keep it off for good this time. I would love to be you're weightloss buddy. You can add me if you like. Could use some motivation there myself. Don't have to lose as much as you do, but would still be happy to support you there along the way.
  • Twallstreet2
    Twallstreet2 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie!!! I loved your post and appreciate your candor and honesty. It's so very difficult to put yourself out there like that and I have to admit that your post has already motivated me. Like you, I am a newby. I too am strong and confident on the outside but fearful and shy on the inside. I think that if you draw on the outer confidence you'll do just fine and over time it will begin to shine from the inside as well. You're right, 2012 is your time to shine. I know you can do this. The advice that others have already given you is sooooo true....there will be times when you fall but the true lesson is to get back up. Keep at it and just remember your goal...to bring a new and blessed life into the world; one in which you can share the love that you have to share with another. That little one is already waiting for and rooting for you. Now it's just up to you to make it happen. I know you can do it. And though I don't have as much as you to lose; I too have a journey and would love to be your weight loss body through it all!!!!

Go Katie!!!!!!!! Afterall, THIS IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE!!!!!
  • losing4kt
    losing4kt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @ilonaveen and @twallstreet2 Thanks for the support ladies. I have added you both. We can do this!! :) I'm already motivated and pumped to the point I can't sleep, lol. =/ Not exactly good but at least I am pumped none the less!
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    This is a great site with lots of awesome people that will be happy to be a support system for you! I would love to be your friend and help you make this your year! I am ready to make this my year!
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello Katie, Good luck on your journey.. Feel free to add me if you like .. This is a great site.. This is your time to shine!!!
  • diamondtransform
    diamondtransform Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!! U can add me if you want, I have a lot of weight to lose also. But hey we are all on this journey together :-)