What are your New Year's goals!?!?!

Options

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Holy collarbones, Batman! You are TINY, tjradd73! (I just checked out your pics! WOW!)

I'm so proud of you for doing what so many of us are after (and so many fail at)! You rock!

I know, right?

But we wn't fail becuase we are here supporting eachother.... It doesn't take one time committing to do it, it takes multiple committments each day :)

True that! :D I make a commitment to it every time I go to cook a meal and every time I decide to consciously move my body more and get some exercise. :)

It really does help having this community/support system. The biggest mistake I made last year was taking a break from this site for a few months after I lost 76 lbs. I ended up gaining half the weight back that I lost. Needless to say I won't be doing that again. lol

Wow, good for you for coming back! It's stories like that, that make me realize we need to support eachother and be accountable to ourselves. It is so easy to gain it back (I have lost the same weight atleast 4 times, and I won't ever again :) Good luck to you, I have faith 2012 will be a fantastic year!
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Eat better, binge less, run a 10K and a 1/2..and get to my Goal.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    This is my year to stand at the top of Mt. Marathon - which is pathetic since the racers can get to the top and back in an hour. I will also cut my hike time off Skyline Trail. Not setting any number goals, because I always fail them.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    My goals for 2012 are to workout more and on a more regular basis, and just continue losing this weight!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    This is my year to stand at the top of Mt. Marathon - which is pathetic since the racers can get to the top and back in an hour. I will also cut my hike time off Skyline Trail. Not setting any number goals, because I always fail them.

Oy! Standing on the top of ANY mountain is Not pathetic. A lot of us can't do that (even the small mountains lol). Take pride in your accomplishments! :)
  • gatorprof
    Options
    Cycle 100 miles a week.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Lose the last 20 lbs, so I can say I lost 200 lbs and be around 10% body fat. Oh and run a 10K.

Congrats on your loss so far!!! I know the hard work that it has taken you to come as far as you have...I have no doubt that you will reach your final goal in 2012!

Thanks, 2011 was a banner year for me that's when I lost all of my weight so far, it's been tougher as I get smaller but it will happen one way or the other. I also want to add either tighten up or get rid of the loose skin. If it was gone, I'd be below my goal weight and looking to gain muscle. We will see on that one.
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Happy New Years Everyone!

My Goals for 2012

1. Put myself 1st (hope that doesn't sound too selfish lol)
    1. Exercise/Tone up
    2. Lose 15 more pounds
    3. Try not to get so stressed out at work, which in turns flows over into home life
    4. Spend less money so that I can work toward being debt free by next year
  • polarlove
    polarlove Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    stop eating meat
    read more
    get a new job (but continue my voluntary work)
    and of course I'd love to reach my goal weight
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    1. get to my goal weight (10 more lbs!)
    2. run at least 20 miles a week
    3. finish my april half-marathon in under 2.25 hours
    4. get under 20% body fat
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    To lose at least 1 of the 2 extra people riding my butt everyday (yeah, I have alot to lose)
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My goals: finish college by May, get into maintenance mode, walk as much as I can without stopping, eat more healthy!!!!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    become fluent in japanese

apply for study abroad (again)

tone up

have a love life xD
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    My goals for 2012 are:

To add exercise in everyday, at least a 10 minute walk a day.
    To do vegetarian meals at least twice a week.
    To make a serious commitment to my self employment efforts.
    To decrease my internet consumption (read as FB addict ;-) )
    To help my two special needs boys to learn to eat well and exercise well, too.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Holy collarbones, Batman! You are TINY, tjradd73! (I just checked out your pics! WOW!)

I'm so proud of you for doing what so many of us are after (and so many fail at)! You rock!

thanks girl!!! it is tough work...but it can be done! keep at it, and you will be there in no time!
  • tjradd73
    Options

I know, right?

hahaha thanks bro!!! couldn't have done it without you!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Lose the last 20 lbs, so I can say I lost 200 lbs and be around 10% body fat. Oh and run a 10K.

Congrats on your loss so far!!! I know the hard work that it has taken you to come as far as you have...I have no doubt that you will reach your final goal in 2012!

Thanks, 2011 was a banner year for me that's when I lost all of my weight so far, it's been tougher as I get smaller but it will happen one way or the other. I also want to add either tighten up or get rid of the loose skin. If it was gone, I'd be below my goal weight and looking to gain muscle. We will see on that one.

I feelya there!!! I too would have been to my goal weight long ago if I would have just gotten my loose skin removed!! I plan on maintaining at my goal for a full year before I pay to have it done though...better to be safe then sorry!
  • zombiefruit
    Options

You are a really amazingly inspiring person! Well done on the loss so far, I'm sure this is your year to reach your goal :)
  • zombiefruit
    Options
    Oh and my resolutions are:

- I will get a minimum of 3 short stories published (I'm already working on 2 short stories for shared-world anthologies that are due to be published in 2012, so ideally I'd like to hit 5 instead).
    - I will rewrite my zombiepocalypse novel, this time with a main character I don't want to punch in the nose all the time, which will presumably make it better! (I have had a publisher ask for first refusal on this, so it has somewhere to go - no excuse to let it go to waste now.)
    - I will read 60 books I have never read before.
    - I will aim for a healthier diet and, when my ankles heal, get back into cycling in a big way. I want to get to a place where I'm cycling around 8K per day, 3 days per week (I know that compared to the things some of you do, that's anything but "a big way," but for me it's something realistic that I can sustain over the long term).
    - I will carry on repaying my debts.
    - I will be more patient with my little boys.
    - I will be more communicative with my husband and our friends (I can be a little insular).
    - I will complete 52 random acts of kindness this year, one for each week.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    to bench 100 lbs

right now i'm at 80..i'm a weakling