Newbie in Nottingham

Options
Hi all - Happy New Year.

I'm a newbie from Nottingham,I usually use the paying sites and get nowhere fast and then I begrudge paying onwards of £25 a month for nothing.. found this site through luck more than judgement .

I've been in denial.. yo yo dieting hell,I can lose 2/3 stone easy peasy then pile it all back on.. Currently a size 18/20

Denial must stop now,after getting on my sons wii fit on new years day 2012,it hit 17 stone 2,I was that horrified I poured my baileys and blue wkd down the sink. I'm looking to lose around 6 stone and I know this isn't going to be a 2 week hard slog,more of a year of determination and a change of lifestyle.

I've got my eye on a gorgeous dress for Christmas 2012 and its a size 12 to 14.... who's with me?

I'm also looking for friends across the uk,rest of the world,on the moon if need be...
to swap messages,to support,to congratulate,to have a general moaning session with..and if you happen to be local,a gym buddy,walking partner would be excellent....

Hope to hear from you all soon

Lawn xxxxx

Replies

• DawnieCurz
    DawnieCurz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im with you Lawn.... I have been in denial for the last year about the weight that I have put on, and yes, I know ive not got a lot to lose, its still getting me down.
    Its the alcohol and take aways that are my downfall !

Here's to 2012 .... we can do it !!
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello Lawn!

I am also from Nottingham! And I like you have been using pay sites, mainly Weight Watchers. I was introduced to MyFitnessPal through my friend who uses it and has managed to lose a substantial amount of weight! I am roughly the same weight as yourself but I am weighing myself tonight to find out exact weight. I want to lose around 83lbs/6stone. And like you I know it isn't going to be an over night thing or come off easily!

Would you like to become friends on here? We can support each other along the way as we are both the same bracket wanting to lose the same amount!

Where abouts in Nottingham are you from? As I have joined a gym recently, the Nottingham University gym at the Sutton Bonnington campus. If that's anywhere near you you're more than welcome to join me. :)
  • empage81
    empage81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I am from notts too. I think a bit of moral support can be really helpfuL but for me it is a bit about also knowing that other people can see what I am doing and comment on it that pushes me! Feel free to add me too!
  • kookiethekat
    kookiethekat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all

Another from Nottingham here. 33 married with 2 kiddies. Got about 9 stone to lose, lost 11lbs so far (going the right way lol)
  • Im from the moon :D . . . but brought up in Sunny Hull :-/ My mother and a few friends have said exacly the same about the WW websites and how they felt they were starting to begrudge paying for it. Me personally I love this site, its great for just keeping in check with whats going in, good luck :)
  • kookiethekat
    kookiethekat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?

I am back on track after a couple of up and down months. Lost 5lb last week and 2lbs this week so it's going in the right direction.