New from NC

Options
Hoping to make some changes in 2012. I need to stay away from McDonald's sweet tea, frappes and Starbucks! I have 3 children and a gr8 husband. Trying to look healthier and increase my motivation to do more. Would love to have some other mom friends here to help encourage (each other) along the way. Dads welcome too.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• T0M0
    T0M0 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site.

Your in the right place to achieve your goals. I joined this time last year and ive never looked back.

Enjoy the site :smile:

T0M0
  • midnightland
    midnightland Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you and i are in the same boat, it seems. i'm completely addicted to the frappes and coffee coolatas from dunkin. i don't really eat fast food but i'm a sucker for those drinks!

good luck!
  • Losershawn
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Feel free to send a friend request to my and my wife (med79) we live in NC as well and have found a lot of great friends and support here!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Also from NC and made it happen and know you can too! Let me just say, think of how much money you could also save if you didn't buy those calorie wasted drinks!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is hard to break those kinds of habits, but you can do it and will feel so much better once you have. Choose to eat healthy foods and drink more water, workout at least 2x a week and focus on each forkful, meal by meal, day by day; change will happen! Good luck to you!
  • Nsdnjbl
    Nsdnjbl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I waste a LOT of calories on drinking bad stuff! It's a very hard habit to break. I'm just thankful I don't drink alcohol/ or smoke!
    Fake sugar gives me migraines so it's hard to find something to drink besides juice,milk, water....and SWEET TEA!!
  • kjraye5
    kjraye5 Posts: 40
    Options
    You sound like me! I am also from NC with 3 kiddos and a great husband. =) I just "restarted" today, had to get myself through the holidays. Good luck to you!!! We can definitely do this.