Just need Motivation

Options
I am havin problems stayin motivated when it comes to eating. I sit at a desk all day sometimes with nothin to do. I eat when I am board. I am tryin to stay away from soda and any kind of candy until I can loose my weight. I am tryin to lose about 40lbs. I want to at least lose 20 by Apr for when I go home on vacation. I seem to have no motovation and maybe hopin the startin this I will find someone else who needs it also. I work out about 5 days a wk, I am just into my second mth of doin crossfit and I am lovin it, but I am thinkin I may need to throw more runnin into my workout also. So my biggest thing is I don't always log all my food and my workouts. I can't seem to get into that habbit. But I am so unmotivated right now it sucks. So anyone who needs motivation and would also like to help with motivation, I think this would be a great thread.

Replies

• DippyDoDar
    Options
    Hey, I know how you feel about the whole 'I'm bored so I'll eat'
    First thing that you can do is; prepare/bring healthy food with you to Work/Wherever you are. Fresh, unsweetened fruit.
    I'm hoping to lose 40lbs too.
    Morning workouts are so much better than afternoon/evening ones. It's been proven that if you exercise in the morning you won't feel lathargic in the afternoon/lazy (unless you eat bad food)
    I've allowed myself one 'bad day' which I've chosen as Wednesdays as it's the middle of the week. This is a day where I have a 'treat' I allow myself to eat crisps or chocolate (in moderation) for example; One pack of crisps and a medium sized chocolate bar.
    I exercise hard throughout the week, 60 minutes 5 days a week of vigorous exercise (cardio) and I also do 100 crunches every morning.
    I'm new to this whole 'logging food and exercise thing online'
    I'm happy to help you as much as I can with motivation!
  • Sweeterescape
    Options
    I'm not sure what kind of work you do, but maybe part of the answer is asking for more challenging work or being proactive and doing more of what you already do. If you're busy, you'll be less likely to snack, and probably a lot happier with your job! If that's not an option for you, then I agree that it's best to arm yourself with fresh fruit, etc, as healthy snacks so you won't reach for the candy. Also, you could get up and go for a 5 minute walk around when you're feeling bored/distracted/tired. That will help to invigorate you and you'll burn calories rather than put them on!
  • kitt8980
    kitt8980 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you both. I do Admin work and askin for more really isn't very easy where I am at, at the moment. I am at work for about 16hrs a day and sometime a little longer 7 days a wk. So when it comes to findin work, it gets pertty hard. I mean I can deff try to stop by the food area and pick up some fruit, I can't really have that in my room and my office doesn't have a frige or anything in it...lol I am in a tight spot for not gettin to that boardome stage. I have about 2 hrs to work out and get showed and eat and back to work, which isn't a bad amont of time. I have always been told about the one day a wk thing for a treat, but I would of never thought about Wed. That would be a really good day, cause then you can still have other workout days to burn off those calories. :) My workout days are Tues - Sat. I try to rest on Sun and Mon. It is just hard cause there are so many different types of junk that are around me all the time. Cookies, candy, chips, etc. But now with the holidays gone, hopefully that will stop or slow down. But so far today I have not had a soda or candy, though I am really fightin not to snack so much. I would really like the motivation and who knows maybe I can help motivate you too.
  • gailashton
    Options
    I sit at a desk all day too, no excuses. Food is fuel, fuel that your body needs to function. If you must snack on something do what I do, remove a serving and put the bag away - don't take it out again. This has worked for me, hope it works for you. I look forward to logging all day long. My friends are out there for me and I'm there for them. No excuses, you can even put the ap on your phone. April is just around the corner. You want it, so JUST DO IT!
  • kitt8980
    kitt8980 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You are right gailashton about the just take out the servin and then put it back. It is hard though. But I am hopin to be more active with all this more this year then in the past few years. Also, hopin to have more friends on here then in the past to help me out with this whole thing. Apr is right around the corner, I am hopin that when my husband sees me for the first time in 6 mths he is amazed at how I look.
  • ScruffyMuscle
    ScruffyMuscle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    79 lbs? You are my hero!
  • thinthought
    thinthought Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i understand the importance of friends to motivate-- these past two months I have really taken a dive in my eating and work-out habits. Time to get back on track and forget the boredom and emotional eating-- plan ahead with good snacks-- low cal snacks.
    Hoping we can lean on each other!
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I presume you sit at a desk all day because of your work? If you don't often have actual work to do, you could fill your time at work by doing something else? If you have access to the internet you could start a blog. Or if you're employee would let you you could take up a craft, which would distract your hands and isn't a disruptive hobby so it wouldn't distract your work mates, etc?

I want to lose around 83lbs and I would like to lose at least 28lbs by April 13th for a gig I am going to on that day plus the next day, too. So it's going to take a lot of hard work. But we can both do it :)

I think the most beneficial thing about this site is that it makes it very, very easy to track your food and exercise. Just take it a step at a time. Track each day. Don't look at this as a week period, a month, two months. Take it day by day. xo