God I hope I can do it

Options
I have just decided that New Year new start. Gotta lose some weight as my health is now starting to be affected. Its so hard though, as daily life affects me so much ie. money worries, job I hate, domestic things etc. I mean to exercise at least 3 times a week but I am always sooo tired when i get home, that I think maybe tomorrow, and yes, you guessed it, tomorrow never comes!!

Really need alot of motiviation, even as I type this I am thinking of making a turkey butty! with mayonnaise!

Send me some good vibes guys, I really really need them!!!!

Replies

• helenberry87
    Options
    You can do it! Once you get started exercising and get into a routine it will get easier I think. I am going to start exercising regularly this year too. Joining the gym tomorrow! eek! Good luck :)
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    You can do this,

Make the turkey butty. Turkey is good and healthy, you can even have a little mayo. Just make sure you log everything you eat.

If you are just starting, do a week as normal so you can judge where the changes are needed. Start with small changes, try and keep to your caloried allowance. Excercise as often as possible. Read the forums and the success stories, look at the pictures they will prove that this healthy lifestyle really works. You will soon get the hang of it. So much support on here and so many tips and hints to make it easier.

If you use this site and all it's applications you will soon see results. It is an amazing place. Good luck to you on your journey you have come to the right place. :bigsmile:
  • TheAncientMariner
    TheAncientMariner Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    You can do this,

Make the turkey butty. Turkey is good and healthy, you can even have a little mayo. Just make sure you log everything you eat.

If you are just starting, do a week as normal so you can judge where the changes are needed. Start with small changes, try and keep to your caloried allowance. Excercise as often as possible. Read the forums and the success stories, look at the pictures they will prove that this healthy lifestyle really works. You will soon get the hang of it. So much support on here and so many tips and hints to make it easier.

If you use this site and all it's applications you will soon see results. It is an amazing place. Good luck to you on your journey you have come to the right place. :bigsmile:

That is some excellent advice! You don't have to hope because the ability is already in you. You just have to find the will! There is plenty of support and ideas here to help you along the path. Truly, the most difficult part of this journey is simply getting started. Good luck!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    remember that this is 80% nutrition. you can and will lose weight by eating right. do not do what so many people here do and restrict yourself to 1200 calories or less. if you are new to this, just put in to lose 0.5 lbs a week for the first two weeks. you will find that if you start on this path slowly but surely, you will suceed.

MFP is giving you a calorie deficit, and come right up as close as possible to that number. getting 200 calories under your goal will not get you any extra internet points. look at my diary for today (yes, i pre log everything. you should too). i'm just 5 calories under my goal. might even have a beer tonight and that'll put me right over. but then again, i might not.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You CAN do anything you put your mind to! This has to be a change you make for yourself. You have to think beyond just losing weight. This should be a lifestyle change. I'll post my before and after pictures here. I started out at 255 pounds and I am now down to 154. It was hard and I shed a lot of tears, swore a lot and had a lot of days being sore!! But I like waking up in the morning feeling sore from my workouts, instead of waking up in the morning because I ache being unhealthy. We are all here on MFP for support, motivation, advice and to keep ourselves accountable!!

You have to make sure you are doing this for YOURSELF and no one else. Find something that motivates you to keep going. Take lots of pictures of yourself before and then if it helps take pictures after each 10-20 pound loss. That might help you keep yourself motivated. When exercising start in small amounts, 30 minutes of walking/ jogging in place. Make sure you try to do a bit of strength training along with cardio....... if you are working out at home ANY Biggest Loser DVD (not going to lie these will kick your butt, but totally worth the results), Turbo Jam DVD, Leslie Sansone walking videos....... they will all help you. :-)
    012-1-1-1-1.jpg
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    You CAN do anything you put your mind to! This has to be a change you make for yourself. You have to think beyond just losing weight. This should be a lifestyle change. I'll post my before and after pictures here. I started out at 255 pounds and I am now down to 154. It was hard and I shed a lot of tears, swore a lot and had a lot of days being sore!! But I like waking up in the morning feeling sore from my workouts, instead of waking up in the morning because I ache being unhealthy. We are all here on MFP for support, motivation, advice and to keep ourselves accountable!!

You have to make sure you are doing this for YOURSELF and no one else. Find something that motivates you to keep going. Take lots of pictures of yourself before and then if it helps take pictures after each 10-20 pound loss. That might help you keep yourself motivated. When exercising start in small amounts, 30 minutes of walking/ jogging in place. Make sure you try to do a bit of strength training along with cardio....... if you are working out at home ANY Biggest Loser DVD (not going to lie these will kick your butt, but totally worth the results), Turbo Jam DVD, Leslie Sansone walking videos....... they will all help you. :-)
    012-1-1-1-1.jpg
    wow that is amazing!
    back to op, its hard getting started, if you dont over do it in the beginning that helps. i have to workout in the mornings usually between 4 n5 yes its a ***** getting up that early and usually im in bed by 9 but if i wait till after the end of the day, either i am too tired or someone needs something that i didnt know about in the morning or i just dont have the energy. you are worth doing this and feeling great because of it! if you dont eat a lot of junk or processed foods, you will have so much more energy just from that alone even without working out.
  • BetterWithAge
    Options
    I also have a hard time working out after work so I hit the gym first thing in the morning.

1. I have the energy
    2. I get my choice of equipment

I went to the gym at night once... Too many people for me.

You can do it :)
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

012-1-1-1-1.jpg
    wow that is amazing!
    back to op, its hard getting started, if you dont over do it in the beginning that helps. i have to workout in the mornings usually between 4 n5 yes its a ***** getting up that early and usually im in bed by 9 but if i wait till after the end of the day, either i am too tired or someone needs something that i didnt know about in the morning or i just dont have the energy. you are worth doing this and feeling great because of it! if you dont eat a lot of junk or processed foods, you will have so much more energy just from that alone even without working out.
    if i dont exercise on a regular basis i get cranky and exercise is the second best stress reliever in the world, you can guess the first
  • rocketgrl87
    Options
    I am super excited for you and know that you can do it. This website rocks and I plan on using it everyday.
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    As long as u try anything is possible... I quit my job bc the stress was affecting my well being. I have been unemployed for 4months now and feel 10 times better. Some days r bad but the majority are better. Living on a budget has been the greatest lesson learned so far. I feel blessed and thank God everyday for my blessings. Take it one step at a time and set up mini goals until u can achieve your ultimate goal. That was the approach i used to get where im at today and will continue to do so long after i reach my ulitmate goal. Slow and steady one day a time. You r welcome to add me as a friend . This will b a long journey but positive and rewarding for sure.
  • glenn0374
    Options
    Good morning,

You've made the first step and that is realizing you need to change. Now, I'm a 37 year old guy from the southern US, so take this for what it's worth. Realize that you, like everyone else have conditioned yourself, built up habits that will be hard to break. Old habits die hard. Plus, age and metabolism are a factor. Just being honest. But, you CAN do this! People do it every day. The things I've said can be excuses that people use to keep from losing weight and getting in shape. Don't let those be your excuses any more. Take control of your life and change your life for the better. You CAN do it!!! I have just recently joined this site and there seems to be a lot of support. Keep a positive attitude and realize that you will have set backs. But, this is not a diet you are on. This is a life style change. Good luck!!
  • hendryclan
    Options
    Thanx guys. Its great that you are all supporting each other, I have bought Dance Central for the XBox 360 Kinnect today and have been busting some moves on that! Its fun, but dont like it when you can see yourself dancing! I am gonna keep it up and start doing something every day, even if its just for a few minutes each morning.

I am gonna do this. :heart: :flowerforyou: