MFP LIARS??||The Untold Truth|| :/

Options
misstasharenee
misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
Here at Myfitnesspal I have had nothing but positive loving comments and loads of support!!:wink: ..SO that leads me to my reason for this post ...Why lie about things like your weigh in for the week or your food diary, even your start weight!! ..Someone questioned me asking "Did you really burn 2000 calories today?" ..:noway: UM YEAH! Why lie? All the support I receive at MFP even if I gained 18lbs in a week they'll still support and help get me back on track!!:flowerforyou: . At the end of the day we're all in this journey together sooo ... are you a MFP Liar???

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    maybe they didn't mean it the way it sounded, more like "wow I can't believe you had such a great burn!" but badly worded.
  • misstasharenee
    misstasharenee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    maybe they didn't mean it the way it sounded, more like "wow I can't believe you had such a great burn!" but badly worded.

I'm not picking at them ...This is just a general post!:wink:
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    :-)

I do't lie about my post or anything, if I don't want anyone to check my diary I just don't submit it. Today I am way above and I don't care as I am not trying to lose weight, just maintain and tone. So today I wont submit my diary :)
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that most of us didn't get to the point where we needed this site by always being truthful with ourselves about what we were eating or how much activity we were doing daily, so I'm pretty sure there are many who haven't quite broken themselves from that mentality.

When I first joined back in June, I was still lying to myself, even while I was logging, about the foods I was eating until I saw that my weight started going back up (to my highest) while I was "logging" and "exercising". I also had to make my diary open so that I would feel obligated to be accurate when others looked. I have some friends who have to keep theirs private so they don't feel the need to "cushion" themselves from the perceived judgement of others.

Over the years, we have built up habits, including lying about anything having to do with our weight, and they are hard habits to break.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    See, I am the opposite of my friend k2 there. I have to keep my diary private or I will start "omitting" things from it - aka lying. If it's just for me, I will write it all down, but if I feel other people are watching and I start going off the rails, i'll just stop tracking.
  • MzKym30
    MzKym30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Here at Myfitnesspal I have had nothing but positive loving comments and loads of support!!:wink: ..SO that leads me to my reason for this post ...Why lie about things like your weigh in for the week or your food diary, even your start weight!! ..Someone questioned me asking "Did you really burn 2000 calories today?" ..:noway: UM YEAH! Why lie? All the support I receive at MFP even if I gained 18lbs in a week they'll still support and help get me back on track!!:flowerforyou: . At the end of the day we're all in this journey together sooo ... are you a MFP Liar???

Your doing an amazing job...so just keep doing what you do & don't worry about the rest! At the end of the day your the only one who know's what u have done & your the only one that it should matter to!
  • yesiamaduck
    yesiamaduck Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    It's more of a supportive shock, burning 2,000 calories isn't that hard when you're large... I burnt nearly 1,800 calories by just walking for 2hours when I was 290lbs
  • Kim_08
    Kim_08 Posts: 157
    Options
    I couldn't lie on here if I tried! I'm so anal when it comes to logging my food & exercises :laugh: LOL
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    No. Fudging the numbers kinda makes the whole site pointless. It can only help you if you feed it accurate data...
  • Jesusinme4life
    Jesusinme4life Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I hear you girl! I know you burnt those calories because I was seeing when you would post each time you were done working out. I have lost 33pounds in 5 weeks and I am sue there are those who probably won't believe it but why would I lie about my weight loss? I would only be hurting myself. I am always honest on my diary and about my exercise and weight loss. There are a few who may judge but I don't worry about what they may say because I know what I am doing and the only opinion that matters to me is God's! I do feel though when I have a treat day once a week or so I have to add a disclaimer so others don't start telling me well I shouldn't have had this or that. You keep doing the awesome job you are doing because most here on mFP are very encouraging and supportive. YOU GO GIRL!!!!!
  • kag1526
    kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Umm if I saw that I may have made the comment... Thinking that your exercise was instead 200 and you hit an extra 0 I have done that a few times when entering things on my cell phone at the gym. It would have been more of a check your numbers then disbelief.
  • silverfox678
    silverfox678 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I log it all... Good or Bad it all gets logged. This would not work for me if i didn't and I cant offer or recieve support and motivation from my dear MFPals.
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Definately not! I find being on MFP making my diary public inspires me to keep be honest and LOG EVERYTHING! I figure if people can see what I eat do etc...then I have to face them in a way and explain why I ate crap one day! IYKWIM! I look at my diary and think that if people see all the fruit I ate or water I drank they will see I am really trying to lose weight. And if they were to see my dairy with junk food etc then maybe they would think less of me...does that make sense? I log everything...and I mean everything so I stay on track! Its also a way of improving my diet habits.
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Definately not! I find being on MFP making my diary public inspires me to keep be honest and LOG EVERYTHING! I figure if people can see what I eat do etc...then I have to face them in a way and explain why I ate crap one day! IYKWIM! I look at my diary and think that if people see all the fruit I ate or water I drank they will see I am really trying to lose weight. And if they were to see my dairy with junk food etc then maybe they would think less of me...does that make sense? I log everything...and I mean everything so I stay on track! Its also a way of improving my diet habits.

I'm the same, keeping my diary open keeps me in check and more likely to opt for healthy choices because
    a) i don't want to have to log something bad
    and B) don't want others to see me eating bad things, i want them to be impressed with my healthy choices
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Because they dont want to disappoint their friends on MFP!!! They see you doing so well then they want to seem like they're doing well too.