Achieving 1nderland!!!

Options
I have had weight problems all of my life. My lowest weight I can recall is 169 back in 2004. Somewhere between there and here I have had numerous setbacks, the most jarring being the loss of my mother back in 2007. I have changed jobs, changed relationships and back in 2009 I tipped the scales once again at 230 lbs. This past October I met two of my favorite comedians from the Canadian troupe The Kids in the Hall and had pictures taken. I couldn't wait to get those pictures developed, and when I did I was mortified. So upset that a rare and exciting moment such as that had to be blemished by my hugeness :(. Well, I decided enough was enough and seeing as how I am fast approaching 40 I made a commitment to myself and my other half to change this permanently. I started in counting my calories and exercising religiously. My being predictably overzealous caused a painful case of plantar faciitis and cut my treadmilling down to zero. I was stuck with only my WiiFit and MFP. I kept at it. Some days I feared I would let myself down and go back to all my bad habits. I have allowed myself the occasional pizza slice or chocolate treat. Well, I am happy to say that as of today, January 2, 2012 I am weighing in at a fabulous 199.5 and just felt I needed to share this with anyone who may need any sort of encouragement along this difficult journey. Not only that, but my other half and I were engaged on Christmas Eve and are planning to wed in May. All the more motivation to get moving. We actually went out walking TOGETHER yesterday and it was awesome. I hope this post encourages others and thanks to everyone reading for sharing is my happy news!!!!

Replies

• Shannafo
    Shannafo Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Great!! Being as I'm trying to reach that up to now illusive 1nderland (this morning 200.6) I know how exciting it must be. Keep up the hard work and dedication.
  • JazmineSmith27
    Options
    Congrats!! Your determination to stick with it is inspiring! Keep up the good work :happy:
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    that is AWESOME!!!!! Keep up all the hard work!!!
  • grantsmom08
    grantsmom08 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Great job! I was delighted when I hit onederland so enjoy this moment!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Happy to have more folks in onderland! My story is very similar and I hit onderland just before Christmas and can't wait to continue. I had been in the 200 (high 200) for around 10 years, so much damage but we are now on our way to better health and it is never too late to turn it around!
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement and your success~! Thank you for being so real and honest. I bet 1derland feels terrific! I have 95 lobs to get there.. but you've really helped encourage me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!