Hunger

Options
Hello everyone, I seriously need help with being hungry all the time, its like nothing ever satisfies me and I just want to eat eat eat. I'm under a lot of stress, just moved to a new country and very uncomfortable with the changes in my life and all I do is eat and facebook. Well last night I decided until I can find my way I need to be creative and exercise at home until I can get to a gym on the regular basis and today I did really well but I'm still EATing like a mad woman. I', incorporating fruit and more healthy selections than before but its like I want to snack all the time. Have anyone had this problem and if so what did you do to curb your appetite? I was told to drink warm water with honey but I don't know about that one. Suggestions please? Thanks :)
:sad:

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    First of all, check out your nutrition. Are you getting enough fiber, protein and water? If any one of these three is missing, I am hungry.

Secondly, are you taking any medications that say "increased appetite" or "weight gain" as side effects? When I was hungry all the time, this was one of the culprits. Obviously, you don't want to stop taking anything without a conversation with your doctor.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    cut the carbs and eat more protein. Carbs can stimulate your appetite. You eat a carb, and an hour later your body wants more. Carbs are anything that your body turns to sugar. Anything made with wheat like bread and pasta, or rice, potato, chips of any kind, fruit, yes fruit. Fruit is high is sugar. Veggies such as corn and peas also high in sugar. So you eat the carbs, your body turns it into sugar/energy, you get a sugar spike in your system, then your body counter acts it and you get a sugar low, so your body wants more sugar.

Make bacon, turkey or pork and snack on it. Snack on jerky. Have an egg for breakfast instead of cereal and bread. Cut your, carbs down and try to make them complex or at least have high fiber. Snack on lunch meat, but be careful and get the good stuff that doesn't have milk or sugars added. I think Boars Head is a good brand

Oh yeah, and drink lots of water.
  • Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters, getting more protein may be the key. I try to eat whole foods and avoid processed when I can. What is a normal day for you?
    Feel free to add me if you want more support!! ;)
  • LastPyro
    LastPyro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    are you on facebook?
    check out https://www.facebook.com/#!/BodyRock.Tv
    we will start a new 30 day workout challenge today :)
    Lisa-Marie BodyRock.Tv Host:
    I'm writing your 30 day plan as I type this everyone :) .... A full program to follow with a whole section dedicated to target muscles from Sean ! ... This has never been done before ! - 30 days program.. No expensive gym membership... No trying to workout what to do on what day... This is all done for you !! We will even post what we eat :) along the way..... from tomorrow !!! Take your pictures of your bodies now and throw out the junk food !!! this is it !!!! let's kick some *kitten* !!!!!

It's a great community :)