I finally did it

Options
Wolfena
Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
After taking up jogging as a hobby 2.5 years ago and reading all about other people who've participated in 5K, 10K, half marathons and marathons and wishing I had the guts....

I registered for my first 5K race last night :tongue: It will be on July 11 - no backing out now that it's already paid for and I told my 11 year old I'd be doing it, right??!!

Day one of "training" was tonight. I jog/walked (a very hilly) 5K in 44 minutes... the plan is to get that down to 35 or less by race day! :happy:

Anyway, I needed SOMETHING for motivation and to try to get me back on track, so this is it! I'm super nervous yet kinda excited at the same time.... Wish me luck! :wink:

Replies

• Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    After taking up jogging as a hobby 2.5 years ago and reading all about other people who've participated in 5K, 10K, half marathons and marathons and wishing I had the guts....

I registered for my first 5K race last night :tongue: It will be on July 11 - no backing out now that it's already paid for and I told my 11 year old I'd be doing it, right??!!

Day one of "training" was tonight. I jog/walked (a very hilly) 5K in 44 minutes... the plan is to get that down to 35 or less by race day! :happy:

Anyway, I needed SOMETHING for motivation and to try to get me back on track, so this is it! I'm super nervous yet kinda excited at the same time.... Wish me luck! :wink:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I was considering doing something like this as well. My husband and I were actually hoping to do a half marathon where you are allowed to run/jog/walk, but maybe a 5K is the perfect start!
  • lacieinthesky
    lacieinthesky Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just did my very first 5k last Saturday, it was awesome! I met my goal time of 35 minutes and I'm ready to do another one! Good luck!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Good job!