Does anyone else feel like it's not good enough?

Options
So today is my weigh in day. I step on the scale and I am down 2 lbs this week, for a total of 11 lbs. I should be happy right? I'm not. I don't feel like it's good enough. I haven't even noticed a change in the way my clothes fit. My husband comes home in a month and a half from being in Afghanistan for 15 months and at the rate I'm going I'll still 25 lbs heavier than I was when he left! I'm so mad at myself for letting it get to this point. I want to be happy that my husband is finally coming home but all I can think about is how he will come home to a fatter me.

Replies

• jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    So today is my weigh in day. I step on the scale and I am down 2 lbs this week, for a total of 11 lbs. I should be happy right? I'm not. I don't feel like it's good enough. I haven't even noticed a change in the way my clothes fit. My husband comes home in a month and a half from being in Afghanistan for 15 months and at the rate I'm going I'll still 25 lbs heavier than I was when he left! I'm so mad at myself for letting it get to this point. I want to be happy that my husband is finally coming home but all I can think about is how he will come home to a fatter me.
  • lowsam
    lowsam Posts: 21
    Options
    Try not to be so hard on yourself...but i know that's easier said then done. Everyone has bad days, and i definatly know how you feel. You just have to stick with it and focus on the fact that you Have lost weight, and you took the step to making yourself healthier.
    And i'm pretty sure your husband won't care what you look like, he'll just be happy to see you.:happy:

Hang in there!! It will get easier if you keep at it.

Lisa
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Another month will be another 8pounds less. That's about 20pounds , and that , i think is good. :flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I hope you can feel this hug.
    My heart is breaking because I think I can understand why you are feeling this way. Don't give up. Your husband is going to be so happy to see you no matter what. Stay strong and keep doing what you are doing. 11 lbs is awesome and it took strength to get to this point. Use that same strength and keep going. No matter what, you WILL look beautiful the day he arrives. :flowerforyou:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex-Army guy and I didn't see my wife for about a year while I was overseas. We kept in touch with letters and called when we could. I got lots of pictures so I knew what she would look like when we saw each other again.

He's not going to notice or care about the extra weight unless you make a big deal out of it. He's going to be happy to see you (and touch you) no matter what.

Two pounds per week is on the upper end of what is healthy and sustainable. You've done great and you should be content that you're on your way. Now you have a choice. You can go on a crash diet and lose more weight in an unhealthy way or you can stay on track, be healthy and lose fat.
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    You've done AMAZING to lose what you've lost! Your husband is only going to notice his happy and confident wife. That will be attractive to him - and he's dying to see YOU!

Keep up the good work, and get ready for his homecoming!
    :flowerforyou:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm an ex-Army guy and I didn't see my wife for about a year while I was overseas. We kept in touch with letters and called when we could. I got lots of pictures so I knew what she would look like when we saw each other again.

He's not going to notice or care about the extra weight unless you make a big deal out of it. He's going to be happy to see you (and touch you) no matter what.

Two pounds per week is on the upper end of what is healthy and sustainable. You've done great and you should be content that you're on your way. Now you have a choice. You can go on a crash diet and lose more weight in an unhealthy way or you can stay on track, be healthy and lose fat.

Thank you...she needed to hear that from you!
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your encouragement. - it really means a lot to me.
  • Paeonia
    Paeonia Posts: 161
    Options
    Yes I know how you feel....I feel this way every week when I weigh myself and check in! But then today I went back and looked at my progress, and its been really steady down down down...its just not as fast as I had hoped. I'm lucky to lose 1 lb a week, mostly its .5 lb....my small frame just doesn't want to lose the 2.5 lbs that I had in mind for it! So yes , your 2 lbs / week is REALLY good, and you should be proud of yourself. I know it sucks big time when you have a deadline coming up and had a goal in mind which you can't reach, but sometimes what we want just isn't reality. You just have to keep plugging away at it and reach that goal when you're ready :heart:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Keep up the great work. Sometimes it's hard to notice a change like 11lbs because you see yourself every day, but try me, others are going to notice the loss! Just remember to stay strong and you're doing a good thing for yourself. It's better to make good choices and loose steady than stave yourself to lose a few extra pounds, just to put them all back on when you go back to eating again.
  • elementzdesigns
    Options
    Ok, here's the deal.... I went down from a 12 to my current 7/8 recently. The funny thing is, when I look in a mirror, I still feel like I'm a size 12. Funny how that works... my clothes are all smaller, and my boyfriend notices...but I don't seem to notice the change....

For me, I think it's because I was use to being "bigger" I still don't see much of a change for me, but everyone around me notices!

But think about it... 11 pounds is a pretty good chunk of weight to lose... I bet if I saw a before and after pic... I would notice a difference right away! Keep your head up! You are doing a fabulous job! And try to go be the way your clothes fit now... not so much by the scale... Good luck, and congratulations for the first 11!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness... 2 lbs a week loss is amazing. Look at me, I am losing like 0.5 if any at all.

Please dont be so hard on yourself. Think about what 2lbs a week for the next 5 weeks will equal too and then you will laugh at yourself for being so hard.

Just a few weeks ago I had a non-scale victory. my pants did feel a bit loose but whatever, its just a little breathing room right, until some co-worker on the elevator told me that I look thinner. Instead I was rolling my big eyes at her but it made me feel so much better and it proved that all my hard work will pay off... not immediately, but in the long run.

And if your pants aren't getting as loose as you'd like, think about the inside...you must be treating your body right with healthy foods, right?

keep it up. you are doing amazing.