Hi Everyone!

Options
:smile:

I'm new to this, and really don't have a clue where to start!

I do know this: I have to lose at least 45 pounds. Doctor's orders. I've really let my weight spiral out of control, and don't even know how I've arrived at this place. Both of my parents have high blood pressure, my father has had quintuple bipass surgery, a heart attack and just had a stint put in. Both parents have high cholesterol. I need to start taking control of my life right now.

I thought about trying weight watchers, but honestly, I don't have the extra money for that. I figured this is the same idea in essence, and I'd rather spend the extra money on buying whole foods rather than processed foods.

I don't know how to "add friends" or anything, but I'd like to have all the support I can get from all you fantastic people!

Help me make a difference in my life!

Replies

• Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    Click on the pictures of the people that you want to add. there will be a big green bar that says add friend
  • hawkeygal
    hawkeygal Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help!
  • ChristinaBarnhouse
    ChristinaBarnhouse Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Happy 2012!!

This is a great site to help you keep motivated and get all the support you need. Plus, it's amazing once you start tracking everything you eat, you will really think twice before having that second helping or that chocolate king size candy bar! LOL

Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck on your fitness journey!!
  • mrichternh
    mrichternh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I have 50 to lose and need to do it for healthy, family reasons as well.
  • tgnzmum
    tgnzmum Posts: 41
    Options
    I would love to have all the support I can get! Just rejoined as well, and time to say hello to the New Year, and goodbye to all the extra weight on me! Good Luck!!!
  • indianlarry11
    indianlarry11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Check out the book "Abs Diet for Women". Great resource for teaching you how to eat right. It is also realistic. Not really a diet, just the right way to eat. :smile:
  • TigerlillyD
    Options
    Hey! You can add me. I have 35 lbs to lose and am only a week into using MFP... but so far it has been a huge help. Be honest when you put in your calories and you will do great!!!
  • hawkeygal
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    This is where you need to be . Welcome. Just take it one day at a time and one pound at a time. You will reach your goal of 45 pounds lost in no time. Just stick with it. The weight I had lost was just by watching and counting my calories. No surgery no weight loss diets. Just eating what I had and could afford to eat. You can and Will Succeed .
    Judith
  • hawkeygal
    Options
    Thanks all! It means a lot. Thank you!