New Year New Me.....Who's with me???

Options
So 2012 is going to be my year. I want to get as close to my goal weight or actually see it if possible. I would like to lose 100lbs, safetly at 2lb a week would mean i would see next year as being in the 170's. Some of you may look at that number and still see an oerweight person. For me to be under 200 that would be amazing, esp since I started in the 300s.

With these I have to keep motivated. I graduate in November for the 2nd time and the only reason I want to go again is the photographs. I looked the size of a whale on my last photos and that is not going to happen again. My ultimate goal would be a new car for my 30th which is in May 2013. Id like a VW Beetle :smile:

So whose with me? What are your long term goals for the year?

Replies

• helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Well done! There great goals to have!
    I plan to continue to exercise and lose the last few pounds that I didn't succeed with last year, the last 4 months of the year I gave up healthy eating etc.

I would like to complete at 10k run and also be able to do at LEST 1 pull up!
    There my goals. I plan not to buy anymore clothes until I get to my goal weight!
  • Andylee63
    Andylee63 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah

I will join you.
    I do not have that much to lose, but I will encourage you if you like.

My BMI says I need to get down to a weight that would make me look like a skeleton, so I have decided to lose another 28lb at the most..
    This will take me down to 12stone and then I can think about building muscle...

I am sure that if you stick at it, you will make it and you will look fab by your graduation...

Good luck
    Andy
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing! Here's to great graduation photos!!!

My first goal is to get out of the obese range of my BMI and second is to get as close to my goal as possible and be a healthy weight.

Healthy eating and continuing to exercise so I never get to this size again!
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    lol almost exactly what yours are... friend me if you want
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!

Any loss is good, especially if you started in 300 and want to get down to 170...that is a massive loss! And you will feel so much better in yourself. And if you are technically still overweight for your height at that stage, you can set yourself some new goals.

My goals are:

1. to get down below overweight into my normal BMI (which my doctor thinks will be too thin, but we will see when I get there - or close to there)
    2. stop my thighs rubbing together so I can wear skirts/dresses
    3. stop looking pregnant (my belly sticks out a lot because I have no stomach muscles to speak of)
    4. get into size 10 clothes again (12 if I at least LOOK good).

My first challenge in myself is to lose as much weight as I can by Valentines days. I can viably lose 12lbs by then, but I will be happy with 9.

Good luck, and friend me is you like. Not sure where in the world you are, so hopefully our timezones won't be too bad if you need support. :smile:
  • krissa3670
    krissa3670 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My goal this year is to get to as close as i can to my goal weight. Get out of the obese range. Lower my BP so i dont have to take the tablets anymore. Lose enough weight so i can take up jogging. Lose enough weigh so my knees dont hurt anymore when i walk. The list goes on, i have so many hopes for 2012. Please feel free to add me as a friend everyone. I will need as much support as i can give out.
  • kaz123sing
    kaz123sing Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great goals. This is the year for all of us. Ive never taken a before photos but they are so motivating going to do it. Want one christmas photo with the family that I dont have to delete. My kids are going to think they never had a mother at this rate. Anyhow aim is goal by my bday July and maintain all year and beyond. Track every day is main aim. Please add me if you like and we can motivate each other.
  • kaz123sing
    kaz123sing Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great goals. This is the year for all of us. Ive never taken a before photos but they are so motivating going to do it. Want one christmas photo with the family that I dont have to delete. My kids are going to think they never had a mother at this rate. Anyhow aim is goal by my bday July and maintain all year and beyond. Track every day is main aim. Please add me if you like and we can motivate each other.
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    I have been hovering around the 200 lb mark for a while and would love to leave it behind before my vacations this spring. My goal is to be 160 lbs. My biggest issue is sugary foods.

I also refuse to buy bigger cloths, and my biggest pair of jeans I just ripped a hole in.
  • melissa221979
    melissa221979 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You sound like you have greatb motivation and determination so well done! Im looking to lose 2 1/2 stone of post baby weight since having my son 5 months ago . My insentive is im getting married in Sept and also going on honeymoon as a family and want to be able to get back in my bikinis not to mention a large proportion of my old clothes!
  • mummytummybyebye
    Options
    wow, great loss already!
    Im with you too.
    My goals:
    -run 10k
    -fit back into my jeans
    -change my attitude to food- (im an emotional eater)

Heres to 2012!
  • robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I had a good start today. Managed to stay in my calories and went to zumba. and drank lots of water.
  • drmartin1220
    Options
    Hiyo! I could not agree more! I am looking like a hot mess these days and can no longer take it. I was working out and eating right last year for a few months and then I just got lazy! I am new to MFP and am liking it so far!
    I love that you have a plan! Keep going and work it! :happy:
  • SophW27
    SophW27 Posts: 19
    Options
    I want to lose 25kgs, I want to wear my old clothes again, I want a flat tummy but still want curves and I want to be as fit as a fiddle.

So that's it - NO MORE PASTRY - my downfall!!
  • Lady_Chilli
    Lady_Chilli Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hiya,
    I'm looking to lose 53lbs as 2012 is also my year to lose it. So far so good!! :)