Newbie here with "fat back" syndrome! : )

Hi there!

Well, I just stumbled upon this site "was searching Weight Watchers...because of Charles Barkley of course!?!" and thought I would give this a try since I'm on a strict budget.

My goals are to lose about 30-35lbs as I'm 6ft. and 215! I'm a 44 yo male and maintained my weight at 185 until I turned 39 and it was all down hill from there.

I just quite smoking too so this should be interesting!?!

Ok, thats all for now...wish me luck, and good luck to all of you as well!

K
: )

Replies

• Welcome to MFP! This is a great site to help manage your calories and workouts. Wishing you luck about the whole smoking thing. Somethings are not easy but worth the effort in the end. Have a Happy New Year!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Godd luck ! You can do this ! I lost 51 lbs with this site... I lost my love handles, my back fat and all because of my hard work in addition to this website :)
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Good Luck! and Welcome!
  • 226Muriel
    226Muriel Posts: 138 Member
    Doing two (2)...food/smoking....great courage, but it can be done.

If you need help and are serious on doing food diary/exercise/water...you can add me as a friend.

:flowerforyou:
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Brother,

First off Welcome!

You can do this!
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Did the quit smoking ... gain weight thing. I wish I would have focused on all aspects of a healthy lifestyle rather than letting 35 lbs creep on over 4 years. 25 is gone ... 17 of that during my journey on this site.

This is a great place ... Welcome and Enjoy!
  • WOW! Thank you everyone...very cool! The smoking thing is probably going to be the hardest, but luckily I have a great metabolism and have been able to lose weight "when i've tried?!?"

Thank you again everyone, you all are AWESOME!

K

• Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Welcome and best of luck!! Feel free to add me if you are looking for some extra support:) I did weight watchers before this site and it def has its advantages but I like that on here I look at the nutrition of my food (vs counting points.) makes it easier for decisions on the fly. Oh and that its free lol, im on a budge too and WW was gettug expensive. The MFP app is amazing, def download it if you have a smart phone. Very helpful on the go.

The one other thing I get here tht I didn't get on WW is the daily support. I have a fabulous group of friends and we all encourage each other throughout the week - I don't have to wait to go to a meeting! Theres groups and challenges you can join too! I Love love this site and hope you do too(:

Good luck!!!
    Hi there!

Well, I just stumbled upon this site "was searching Weight Watchers...because of Charles Barkley of course!?!" and thought I would give this a try since I'm on a strict budget.

My goals are to lose about 30-35lbs as I'm 6ft. and 215! I'm a 44 yo male and maintained my weight at 185 until I turned 39 and it was all down hill from there.

I just quite smoking too so this should be interesting!?!

Ok, thats all for now...wish me luck, and good luck to all of you as well!

K