Just started

:happy:

Long way to go but first step taken..

Replies

• SLT4273
    SLT4273 Posts: 56
    welcome. i'm new myself. take it one day at a time. :)
  • ljb82
    ljb82 Posts: 72 Member
    Welcome!

This is great site. Lots of friendly and inspirational people on here. Good luck on your journey!
  • locolew
    locolew Posts: 36 Member
    Eat that overweight apple one bite at a time! You can do it.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    You can't get to the last step without the first one. Welcome! If you are looking for support, friend me. The support piece that MFP offers is as important as all the tools that are here.
  • tj54
    tj54 Posts: 2
    Here I am! Just got to eat less and move more.....sounds easy....!!!!!!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Welcome! This site is a great resource.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Welcome to this great weight loss place. I happen to Love it!! There are LOTS of people to support you. You can add me as a friend if you like. Happy New Year and New You!!:flowerforyou:
  • In a little over a year, I lost 95 lbs. I stopped caring after I lost my job in September and then in October my elderly father was in the hospital and then in a nursing facility. I went back to my old ways of consoling myself with food. Well now I've regained 13 lbs and am very angry with myself. I promised that if I would exercise on the first day of the new year I could get myself back on track. It wasn't until 10pm last night but I finally got up off the couch and went for a walk. The good thing about sitting on the couch yesterday was that every channel had fitness infomercials. I started getting the message. I had tried low carb the last few weeks but found that it didn't work the way it did when I was really overweight. In the year I lost, I did low carb and lost 60 lbs. Then Jenny Craig and lost 25. Then Weight Watchers for another 10. I couldn't afford Jenny Craig and decided I could do Weight Watchers on my own. Well I found that with no accountability I don't lose. In fact the opposite has happened. Not sure which way to turn now food wise. Weight Watchers advocates unlimited fruit. Low carb is no fruit. Love the unlimited eating in low carb but one slip and you're done. My mind understands that the general principle is eat less and exercise more but that's so hard! How can I get myself back on track?
  • I am certainly not an expert. I have dieted all my life and lost 40 lbs only to gain 20 back. However, the one thing that has stuck with me is the need for a balanced diet. The pyramid we learned in school is actually one of the healthiest ways to lose. We get all the nutrients we need from fiber to fruit in a balanced way. Good luck. I am trying to get back on the bandwagon again also!
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Welcome!