Harcombe Diet Support!

Options
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Anyone else venturing a go at the Harcombe Diet this year? I have and am in day 3 of Phase 1... feels pretty good so far!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    The what-a-what diet? never heard of it. I'm focusing on the 'balanced' diet this year. Studies show it has fantastic results.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ok, I read just a little. it has to do with NOT counting calories... that sounds opposite of MFP in that department. Good luck to you.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    ● No caffeine is allowed.

no way Jose...but good luck
  • sunflower_yogi
    sunflower_yogi Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    ● No caffeine is allowed.

no way Jose...but good luck

wouldn't ever consider something without caffeine! :noway:
  • bikekeith
    Options
    I am new to this website. I am doing the balanced diet but it does not say what the goal for the calories I should burn in a day. So if you have to burn more calories than if I need to eat, which is 1600 calories, a day I should burn at least 1700 in my workout. That is about two hours of bicycling a day to burn the 1700 calories. Am I missing something in the website I have not setup yet??
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I am new to this website. I am doing the balanced diet but it does not say what the goal for the calories I should burn in a day. So if you have to burn more calories than if I need to eat, which is 1600 calories, a day I should burn at least 1700 in my workout. That is about two hours of bicycling a day to burn the 1700 calories. Am I missing something in the website I have not setup yet??

yes...set it up
  • Stasia_Niuka
    Options
    Harcombe really works! I am now down 100 lbs! I am going to do phase 3 for a while and maintain. Then I'll decide if I want to switch back to phase two again and lose a little more.

I ate a LOT of food on phase 2 and was never hungry. I set MFP to "maintain" and used it as a tracker for my food and exercise, and most days I ate all my "needed calories" or more. So my results seem to have proved that counting your calories does not matter, and that a different approach like Harcombe is a better way to lose weight.

Please let me know if you try it and if you have the same great results that I did.

Warm regards,

Emma
  • Stasia_Niuka
    Options
    Actually, caffeine, red wine and 85% dark chocolate are allowed on phase 2. I felt so good good after getting off caffeine in phase 1 that I've stayed off it, but the dark chocolate and occasional glass of red wine were important to my success on sticking with phase 2.

--Emma
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert on this particular diet, but from a personal perspective, I have tried so many "list" diets before trying to lose weight. Those are diets where you get lists of food you can and can't have or weird rules about combinations of food or whatever. They are just not sustainable for me, I used to just despair and regain the weight again. I like the flexibility of calorie counting because I'm totally in control of what I am doing and have a good understanding of what I put in my mouth. This means that I'm not going to have a panic attack if I eat carbs or something, I know it fits into my calorie count and that I'll continue to lose weight if I maintain a deficit.
  • mundane_human
    mundane_human Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hope your still following this, as I see this post is OLD!!!

So I am almost done with Phase 1, today actually, and will start Phase 2 tomorrow morning.

My question is this. say you are eating a fat meal, how many carbs should you limit for that, and the opposite as well, having a carb meal, how much fat?

Not sure if you ever worked that out.

example carb meal

Brown Rice Pasta and Marinara sauce
    salad greens
    NLY zero fat with berries

example fat meal
    Chicken stir fry with veggies
    salad green

Thats about it i guess

seems legit yeah?