If you could only have 1 workout DVD...

Options
What would it be? I don't need cardio, I need more strength/weight/stretching.

Since Exercise TV is GONE and the replacement is quite inferior, I'm thinking I need to invest in a DVD.

Replies

• 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • jaxnjosh
    jaxnjosh Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels ripped in 30
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    If I could only have one it would be JM 30 day shred. The levels would allow me to start out slow and then pick up the pace. A great challenge would be doing all 3 levels back to back. I did levels 1 and 2 back to back when level one wasnt enough that day!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    The Firm Power Yoga. Awesome stretch and it works your abs and arms too. Definitely my fave. It's honestly the only dvd I don't get sick of, and I've gone for weeks doing it twice a day. LOL
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Not a J Micheles fan. So they won't work for me.

I can't pick one, because I work the whole body head to toe with heavy weights. Thats more then one DVD, to get the results I want.

But I would pick one program. P90X for me. (but its about 13 DVD)

I get very bored with one DVD. And JM did not give me the results I get with p90x.

But many people love her programs, and feel they get the results they want. So if it works for you - yay! Go for it. :)
  • mylove4u
    mylove4u Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The biggest loser dvd titled:Last Chance Workout! It has a 30 minute cardio/strength combined circuit! Great choice!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Hands down: P90X
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    if I could only have one.....I would not be happy! No way to choose I like to mix it up!
  • mszimmerman76
    Options
    I vote Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. There are 4 levels and each one is only 24 minutes so you can pair it with something else if you like. (I pair it with 29 minute Yoga routine for extra strength and stretching...) I really like Jillian's 3-2-1 system. I've heard the 30 day Shred is similar...
  • bobalouie16
    bobalouie16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    P90x or insanity. You could also try Chalean Extreme. That program is about lifting heavier for maximum results. Has a little cardio but not a ton.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    if I could only have one.....I would not be happy! No way to choose I like to mix it up!

YES!!! I get bored real easy with the same DVD and cannot stay motivated.
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Jillian michaels ripped in 30

I agree, or Insanity
  • JackieJ13
    Options
    I would have to say either Turbojam or Zumba....they're fun AND a good workout.
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Turbo Fire and if I could only have 1 from that set, it would be Fire 60! Awesome workout!
  • ruthiepiercey
    Options
    P90X is an excellent DVD set as far as getting your bang for your buck. It is expensive but very much so worth it. The dude on there is so cheesy sometimes that I kinda get a laugh out of it too. If I could pick one other it would be the Yoga DVD from Bob's collection. There are 3 to choose from and you can get them at Walmart or whichever. But the yoga DVD is one that I do evey so often and I am sore the next day from the workout aspects he throws in there. Hopefully this helps and keep up the awesome work :0)
  • Fuschia_free
    Options
    OMG... I know it's an oldie - but I love Tae-bo.
  • beautyreaps
    Options
    Hands down: P90X

^ definitely! If you're looking for weight training and a really butt-kicking workout, then you should check it out. It really is as great as people say it is. It has everything: chest, back, arms(biceps, triceps), legs (calves, glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings), yoga, plyo (circuit jump training), syngeristics and you get the picture.
  • 2dayirun4me
    2dayirun4me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's No More Trouble Zones is my favorite I just up the weight when I get to comfortable and is all strength training.
  • csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have streaming Netflix .. and there are a lot of free workout videos for me to try; I recently started 10 minute pilates and like it Time, money, and workout boredom are no longer an excusel.

I also borrowed a copy of Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer ... really pushes me for the 10 minutes.

If you have Netflix ... take advantage; it is a lot more than movies.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire or Insanity. Both have several DVDs so it's hard to get bored. :smile: