MFP vs. Spark People

Options
A few of my friends signed up for spark people so i decided to check it out as well. i noticed that it gives more fluctuation of cals, carbs ect.

Here at mfp my numbers are:

Cals: 1,200
Carbs: 165
Fat: 40
Protein: 45

At spark people i get more room to move around a bit:

Cals: 1,200 - 1,550
Carbs: 163-236
Fat: 32-56
Protein: 45-127

Generally my day looks like this:

Cals: 1,212
Carbs: 190
Fat: 34
Protein: 49

so should i be going by mfp...or are the spark people numbers ok as well? because according to here i'm way over on my carbs and under on some....but on spark people i'm right in my limit on everything

Replies

• TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    A few of my friends signed up for spark people so i decided to check it out as well. i noticed that it gives more fluctuation of cals, carbs ect.

Here at mfp my numbers are:

Cals: 1,200
    Carbs: 165
    Fat: 40
    Protein: 45

At spark people i get more room to move around a bit:

Cals: 1,200 - 1,550
    Carbs: 163-236
    Fat: 32-56
    Protein: 45-127

Generally my day looks like this:

Cals: 1,212
    Carbs: 190
    Fat: 34
    Protein: 49

so should i be going by mfp...or are the spark people numbers ok as well? because according to here i'm way over on my carbs and under on some....but on spark people i'm right in my limit on everything
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I think your numbers look fine, and depending on your height/weight/amount to lose, they may be a bit low...
  • rocknrolla2009
    rocknrolla2009 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've done SP before and find this site to be waaaay more user friendly. Better food database, and less junk mail flooding my email inbox.
    :flowerforyou:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Both those numbers are fine. If you try to hit all the micronutrient numbers exactly, you're thinking too hard.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i too tried sparks.:embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed: :embarassed:
    sparks was good for checking on my nutrition, (your intake looks great tara:flowerforyou: )
    but spark did not allow 4 exercise cals and i burned 700 cals today!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

i'm gunna drink to that!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

white wine please.
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    oh, i by far prefer this site. i just liked that i have more room to play with my numbers, and they give you exercises to do. but that place confuses me a little too much, lol!
  • alliejo
    alliejo Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi everyone...I just took a look at spark yesterday....i like this waaayyyy better!
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I came over here from Spark People and I like this site way better. Over there I lost 20 pounds in a year and here I have lost almost 19 pounds in 5 months. This site helped my get to where I am now a lot faster.
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    I agree with the posts above. I found the food and exercise diaries a lot more confusing than they needed to be, and the food database here is much bigger... I have recommended MFP over SparkPeople several times to family...

The one thing that I do like for SparkPeople is that there are regional groups, so if you want to meet those in the area, you have that extra support. I haven't done it, but I guess it could be possible here too if you create a group....

I LOVE the forum here though.. I feel I can get questions answered, recipes, do fun stuff, and get support in one place without a lot of confusing extras....

:smile: