Wii games

Options
Any suggestions for the best ones to use to help with weight loss and how best to record the exercise on here? I have very limited space so struggle with the ones that cover a lot of ground.

Replies

• galatian5
    Options
    Just Dance is a great one! Even if you can't follow the moves trying is fun and I think it is a great work out! I love it, I get to have fun with my kids and exercise!
  • sonjawi
    sonjawi Posts: 46
    Options
    I agree, I just started working out with Just Dance Summer Hits and love it. Doing daily 15-20 minutes with fun.
  • C1aire80
    C1aire80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Had just dance 2 for christmas and also been playing the michael jackson experience and the abba one with a friend. how would you record that on here as exercise tho.
  • galatian5
    Options
    I would say just list it under dancing, it comes up if you put dance in the exercise search bar
  • cbeckless
    cbeckless Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been having a wonderful time burning tons of calories and having fun with zumba fitness 2 on the wii. A 60 minute workout burned 802 calories!!!! I love it instead of going to the costly classes....it also keeps track of your weight, calories burned, technique and etc.:happy:
  • amatrey17
    Options
    I have Zumba and love it!
  • foxxm
    foxxm Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow... that is a great burn! I'm glad it keeps track of your calories. I was a bit skeptical about Zumba being effective with the Wii. After reading the reviews I am sold. I am ordering this from Amazon today.
  • rlcass
    rlcass Posts: 1
    Options
    What would you record Zumba as on here? When I searched for Zumba it didn't have it
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Stacey_c123
    Stacey_c123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love zumba!! You burn so many calories, and it's so much fun :) I just need motivation, havnt been on it in a while!
  • Stacey_c123
    Stacey_c123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ricass, you can add your own exercise, add it under cardio and just put how long you did it for, and to find out the calories burned go to www.zumbacalories.com
  • DawnieCurz
    DawnieCurz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have just started doing the wii sport free run, only did 15 mins today but intend to gradually increase it daily.
  • fishercarrie
    Options
    I put the Just Dance under dancing. I love it and it is a good workout. I also have the Biggest Loser for wii and the AE fitness and they don't require a lot of space. I log them as aerobics.
  • racheljoanne
    Options
    zumba fitness 2 is a must have in my opinion, it tells you how many calories you have burned so its easy to log on here too :)
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Do you have to have a pad or anything with the wii "just dance" ones? Someone told me you have to have the floor mat that comes with it but the used games don't have anything like that...... Just curious! I got the wii fit for Christmas and hooking it up tonight... :)
  • ceejay3101
    ceejay3101 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My fitness coach is good and allows you to cover what ever ground is available, it also tells you at the end how many calories you have burned, you can also start at a low level and work your way up as you get more experience
  • XXMommaBXX
    Options
    I like the one that is like stepping up and down on a step to music
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Do you have to have a pad or anything with the wii "just dance" ones? Someone told me you have to have the floor mat that comes with it but the used games don't have anything like that...... Just curious! I got the wii fit for Christmas and hooking it up tonight... :)

I believe Dance Dance Revolution is the only one that requires a mat. It is not a Just Dance game but is a "dancing game". I LOVE dance dance revolution!
  • MCwhiteraven
    MCwhiteraven Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There are some wii fitness listed under exercises, for fast calorie burn I like the free run, & rythum boxing. I also put together a 32 min yoga work out that is awesome for toning and balance. And the 32 min is good for 121 calories. As for the zumba, yes, it rocks! To find out how many calories it burns I input zumba calories in the google search engine and found a website that gives you a calculator to figure how many calories you burn for your specific weight. Its great, the link is: http://www.zumbacalories.com/
  • RhondaRowsell
    RhondaRowsell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just dance doesn't need the mat. Dance dance revolution uses the mat. They are both fun, but I found Just Dance really cheap at Wal-mart . DDR is more expensive because of the mat requirement.