How often to weigh yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• MCwhiteraven
    MCwhiteraven Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale first thing in the morning, NUDE! LOL! I need to see where my body is at. My metabolism is sooooo slow I can gain weight daily if not persistant. Fitness Pal has become a god-send for me! It was so easy to say "I don't eat that much, why am I gaining weight"? Now I can track my exercise "credits", and know if I should indulge with my favorite toast & tea or not!
    CONGRATULATIONS to you all! You have really inspired me! I need to lose 30 more lbs, and with all of you cheering on I know I can do it!
  • 5050jnernst
    Options
    I believe it is recommended to weigh once a week, same day of the week, same time of day. I weigh myself almost daily to keep everything in check so to speak. If one does weigh daily , always remember that there will be flucuations in weight usually of a few pounds(usually 2 to 3 lbs) depending on fluid intake. To avoid frustration probably best to weigh once a week.
  • rllewell
    rllewell Posts: 234
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up. I analyze why I'm up or down to better understand how or why my body has retained or lost a pound that day. I don't think I could do that weekly or monthly. I don't get caught up in the daily fluctuation.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I weight every morning. But I understand that weight fluctuates and do not get upset if it goes up, as long as it is a general downward trend. I like to do it this way, just personal preference.
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    I do daily just because I feel like it makes you hold yourself more accountable overall. Over a week you can fluctuate quite a bit and make up for bad log days. Just make sure the time of day that you do it is very consistent so you're getting accurate readings each time.