Have you lost 50+ lbs? Can you help me?

Options
Hello everyone...the last time I tried MFP I lost about 11lbs and platued and I gave up. This year I am bound and determined not to do that. I have about 50-60 lbs to loose to reach my goal and I have looked at all these success stories and they are so inspiring. If you have accomplished this feat...you have something to really be proud of. Would you mind sharing with me?

Please add me as a friend or inbox me.

Thanks!

Replies

• DudleyYVR
    Options
    This is only intended as my "experience" with this program but everyone is different. Hope this helps -

i joined Ideal Protein. Its not cheap. Strict diet but i find it it physically and medically sound based on my experience with it - You can read up at idealprotein.com but the principle is this (and no cheating on it) and this is what you can take from it to help yourself:
    1. Restrict your Carbs and Fats - NO potatoes, carrots, (rooted vegs), tomatoes (No ketchup or ANY sauces), NO FRUITS, NO breads of any kind, NO rice.
    2. Drink 10 x 8oz glasses of water daily,
    3. Take good multi-vitamins, Potassium and Calcium-Magnesium (as you will have a major calory deficiency with this program)
    4. You can eat lean chicken, fish such as buying skinless-boneless chicken breasts and pan frying.
    5. Must eat 2 cups Veggies with lunch and dinner + unlimited lettuce.
    6. Sea-salt, Pepper, White vinegar is fine and 1-2 teaspoons of good Olive Oils. No Ranches, sauces etc.

I found I havent lost any energy or muscle mass because this program contains the high proteins i need. Look up "Ideal Protein" in the FOODS products here at MFP.

Maybe you can expect some good limited results but do be careful Never to lose muscle with low calorie diet or to feel hungry.
    Personally i can spend money on this program and it works. I've lost 10 lbs in first week (I started last tuesday - 6 days ago). My relatives lost 60 lbs in 3 months with this. Expect about $100/week cost and be very strict.

I was calculating - I was eating about $100 every week anyways by eating out during work and home cooking. So it makes sense for me. But everyone is different.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    My experience:

Get rid of processed foods...nothing that comes in a box, can or "ready to cook/eat"
    Bulk up on the vegies....at least half your plate should be vegies (not white potatoes or corn)
    Go easy on the carbs... if it is made with ANY type of flour/grain (corn is grain) limit it to 1-2 per day
    Limit the fruit to 1-2 per day
    Lots and lots of water!
    Move more! Park farther away from where ever you are going and walk. "dance" while watching tv, wash the walls in your home, climb in the shower and scrub it with a scrubbie...

Good Luck!
  • Lstrhi
    Lstrhi Posts: 132
    Options
    Hello everyone...the last time I tried MFP I lost about 11lbs and platued and I gave up. This year I am bound and determined not to do that. I have about 50-60 lbs to loose to reach my goal and I have looked at all these success stories and they are so inspiring. If you have accomplished this feat...you have something to really be proud of. Would you mind sharing with me?

Please add me as a friend or inbox me.

Thanks!

since we are already mfp friends, i just want to know i'm always here if you need to talk. i'll inbox you my cell #
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! More than anything else, you have to be consistent and stick with it. Log your food every day. Plan out particularly challenging meals (parties, eating out, special occasions). Don't deprive yourself completely of any particular food - it can be planned in once in a while, just overall make healthy choices and stick to your calorie goals! Start an exercise routine, even if it's just walking at lunch (or similar) at first.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have! And I just got out of a MAJOR plateau where I was gaining and losing the same 10lbs over and over again. :) I guess it took the batteries in my scale failing for me to realize that I was weighing myself too much and making it more cerebral than it needed to be. I stopped weighing, and bought a pair of goal pants instead.
  • WendyKing1974
    WendyKing1974 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This is what has worked for me (I've lost 130lbs, 88 since I started using MFP). I started with cutting all sodas (including diet) and eating on a breakfast plate. I lost 40lbs just doing that. Then, I joined MFP and started counting calories, eating plant based meals at least 3 times a week, and exercising (I do Zumba 3 times a week). The first 40lbs just fell off, then I hit a plateau. Around that time my husband and I had decided to switch to organic meats always and organic fruits/veggies when possible. I don't know why, but that broke my plateau and the weight started to come off steadily again. In that time, we decided to give up red meat and pork (except for an occasional exception like the holidays). Then, around Halloween, I hit another plateau. I did a 24 day cleanse with Advocare. I only lost 2lbs, but lost 5 inches in my waist. Since Halloween, I've dropped another 20lbs. I've noticed that every time I get to a weight I was at for a long time, I plateau (like my body remembers being that size). My diet pretty much consists of some type of protein and fruit for breakfast (a smoothie or oatmeal with nuts and fruit or an egg and fruit), whatever for lunch (not real consistant on that one), and a reasonable dinner that's heavy on veggies. I usually fit in 2 snacks a day. Stay away from processed foods as much as possible and eat as "clean" as possible.
  • ruthiepiercey
    Options
    :smile: I started my fight against my weight mid-January 2011. I started eating proper portion sized meals in the beginning and sticking to a schedule for my meals (i.e. 8am, 12pm, 4pm, 8pm). After managing proper portions I started to make my meals consisting of whole grains, fresh fruit or veggies and lean-proteins. The weight will come off in a hurry if you take out the junk food and excessive sugar, fat and sodium intake. After that I began excercising, at least a half an hour everyday, whether it be walking, jogging, swimming, work-out DVD's and so on. I was never a gym person so you will never see me there. Eventually with enough will-power, support and the desire to be able to fit in those "Dream Jeans" you will find that it will happen for you too :0) Just remember that if you don't see results right away DONT get discouraged because it WILL happen if you stick with it. Also, Congrats on your happy marriage! He will be your #1 supporter :0)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!